By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Local PS3 stock levels - eating up 360 shelf space

I was just at our local Media Markt megastore. 2 weeks ago there was an enormous run on PS3 hardware as I reported back then (of PS3 launch proportions). Today when I went into the store again it was clear they have been stocking PS3s en masse for this upcoming holiday season. They now have hundreds of PS3s in the store, the funny part is that they could not fit this all on the shelves in just the PS3 / PS2 sections and main pathway, they also have dozens on display in the PC gaming section and about 100 slimline PS3 bundles on the XBox 360 shelves (way outnumbering the actual Xbox 360s there!)!

I was told that PS3 slim sales have been skyrockting for them and they anticipate it to outsell its rivals this upcoming holiday season. And the 360 sells *very* slow in comparison.

Main reasons for this huge stock:

1) Enormous steady consumer demand. (Many 360/Wii fans made fun of the idea of having a slimline PS3 by 2009 a few years ago when I said I anticipated this to happen)

2) The PS3 slim boxes are much smaller to store than the huge PS3 fat boxes. (Many 360/Wii fans made fun of this idea in the past as a factor)

If anyone is interested I'll post some pics tomorrow.

PC gaming section:

XBox 360 section:

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I went to best buy last week to buy a slim and they had ps3 boxes everywhere. They had a small stand for the 360 and wii.

Yes please.

I would love to see pictures, sounds interesting. Looks like PlayStation is going to have a great holiday season.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

u guys are lucky the slim is sold out everywhere

Around the Network

Someone finally got over the NPD shock, I see.

same thing around here, ps3 is taking place from the wii, 360 and everything:p

magik10 said:
Someone finally got over the NPD shock, I see.

What shock? 360 outselling the PS3 in the United States for November 2009?

Wasn't that $100 dollar giftcard deal from November? (so makes ~99 dollar entry pricing, if you want to buy other stuff anyhow)

It didn't surprise me, last year there was already a 119 Euro (incl. 19% tax) XBox 360 holiday deal for the holiday season around here.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

waiting on those pics

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

The only problem I have with this is that thw Wii is still outselling the PS3 2-1 so how are they expecting it to outsell the Wii when it hasn't even come close to doing that yet?