By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is anyone else sad....

...about the fact that after Q1 08 we probably won't see another Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Smash Bros., or Mario Kart til '10 at the earliest.  Thinking about it now maybe they shouldn't have unloaded their big guns like this in about a years span.

Now I know everyone will say, but Nathan, they have other franchises like, kirby, star fox, pikmin, animal crossing, f-zero, and other mario sports.  Where that is true, those first five are really the flagship titles and arguable nintendo's best franchises.

what do you guys think?  Should they have unloaded this quickly?  Will they bring back some old franchises like Punch-out, Pilotwings, Kid Icarus, or even Star Tropics, to fill this gap that they've created? Will we see another zelda before '10?

Around the Network

No, I'm not sad. In fact, I'm happy that Nintendo don't release more than one iteration of their series for each console (well, there are some cases as 2 Zeldas, but they're exceotion).

Please Nintendo! A new Starfox, WaveRace, Pikmin, Mario Tennis, 1080, F-Zero...

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

There were rumours we could see Zelda in late 2008, or early 2009

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'd say Zelda for Christmas 09

Smash Bros alone will last me, since I mostly PC game.

Around the Network

Another Zelda for sure as TP really was a delayed GC title, not truly a Wii Zelda. Still it was a great launch game.

We also had 2 Metroids on GC so it's possible too.

Otherwise I'd really like to see more revivals and new IPs for Wii moreso than another Mario/Brawl/Kart. It'll be interesting to see what Nintendo has planned. One thing is certain they need more games like Wii Sports (or Zack & Wiki) that are built around the Wii mote.

Also the GC never really had a Kirby game, so I really want one for the Wii.

I thought they had delayed Kart until May which in Nintendoease means holiday '08.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

The fact that those games have that much time between installments makes them that much more important - and enjoyable, when they do come around.

That said, we probably will see another Zelda before '10. Christmas '09 at the latest. There's also the possibility of another Metroid. Not from Retro, but it could be inhouse or outsourced like Nintendo's been doing for the past few years with some franchises.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I would love a new Star Fox like Star Fox 64, a new Pikmin, a new regular Mario RPG...plenty of that.

Plus, Nintendo can and will make new games...it made Pikmin and Animal Crossing for Gamecube...I'm pretty sure they can make some new games for their hot new console.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Daileon said:
No, I'm not sad. In fact, I'm happy that Nintendo don't release more than one iteration of their series for each console (well, there are some cases as 2 Zeldas, but they're exceotion).

Please Nintendo! A new Starfox, WaveRace, Pikmin, Mario Tennis, 1080, F-Zero...

There were 3 Zeldas for the Gamecube.

Wind Waker

Four Swords Adventure

Twilight Princess

hopefully there's another one in the works...