By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN PS3 Game of the YEAR NOMIMEES (WTF?!)

Severance said:
radiantshadow92 said:
Severance said:
Demon's Souls should win the GOTY but thats just my opinion.

do you think that demons souls DESERVES GOTY....like was it really IYO the best game of this year

Yes, i personally don't care which game sold more, which is more popular than the other. im sure most people will pick U2 as their GOTY but mine is Demon's Souls.

k good pick =p

Around the Network

Uncharted 2 deserves it.

Although if Demon's Souls made the nominee list I'd pick that.

...if you actually played Batman: AA, and Killzone 2, and still think Killzone 2 is better....then you're just a different gamer than I am. Killzone 2 was a redundant above average FPS with great graphics, and it certainly wasn't anywhere near the quality of any of the games listed by most other posters in this thread.

To a lesser extent, this is also true for Infamous, but I can at least see the argument for that one. You much be shitting me with Killzone 2, though. If it didn't have a SP campaign, then maybe, or if I could forget about that part of the game...

My PS3 GotY candidates are:

Infamous
Uncharted 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Demon Souls
Modern Warfare 2

Batman: AA is one of the best games this generation, it's one of the best games on the PS3, and it fully deserves the recognition it has received. If Killzone 2 didn't have the graphics, or if Infamous had been multiplat, and they made this list, you guys would flame the shit out of them. Batman, at the very least, doesn't deserve to have the shit kicked out of it because some people want to promote PS3 exclusives as the best games on the console. It isn't on that list because it's mainstream or popular, it's on that list because it's fantastic, and most people who've played it will tell you as much.

That said, Uncharted 2 was better, though less substantive, than any game on that list, and it will obviously win, so why do you care who the nominees are?

Admission: I haven't played AC2 enough yet, to review it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i think their list is better than your list. gotys should also be enjoyable to the vast majority of gamers, so the difficulty in demon souls turns a lot of people off. additionally infamous certainly isnt better than the two you eliminated. there are even better games of the same type that have been out for a while now.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
i think their list is better than your list. gotys should also be enjoyable to the vast majority of gamers, so the difficulty in demon souls turns a lot of people off. additionally infamous certainly isnt better than the two you eliminated. there are even better games of the same type that have been out for a while now.

I have to agree with you on one point. Saying Infamous is better than AA is like saying pie is better than free pie.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I agree with Demon's Souls (my personal GotY), but Infamous? Really? Above Batman and Assassin's Creed? Infamous was a good game, to be sure, but not that good.

Edit:

And to those saying Infamous should've made the list over Killzone 2... I disagree with you as much as I disagree with the OP.

But, it's all opinions, so it matters little.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

...if you actually played Batman: AA, and Killzone 2, and still think Killzone 2 is better....then you're just a different gamer than I am. Killzone 2 was a redundant above average FPS with great graphics, and it certainly wasn't anywhere near the quality of any of the games listed by most other posters in this thread.

To a lesser extent, this is also true for Infamous, but I can at least see the argument for that one. You much be shitting me with Killzone 2, though. If it didn't have a SP campaign, then maybe, or if I could forget about that part of the game...

My PS3 GotY candidates are:

Infamous
Uncharted 2
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Demon Souls
Modern Warfare 2

Batman: AA is one of the best games this generation, it's one of the best games on the PS3, and it fully deserves the recognition it has received. If Killzone 2 didn't have the graphics, or if Infamous had been multiplat, and they made this list, you guys would flame the shit out of them. Batman, at the very least, doesn't deserve to have the shit kicked out of it because some people want to promote PS3 exclusives as the best games on the console. It isn't on that list because it's mainstream or popular, it's on that list because it's fantastic, and most people who've played it will tell you as much.

That said, Uncharted 2 was better, though less substantive, than any game on that list, and it will obviously win, so why do you care who the nominees are?

Admission: I haven't played AC2 enough yet, to review it.

i did play batman AA, i platinumed the game, i understand how you feel...but killzone 2 has the best technical graphics EVER on a console system, it is the ONLY fps that feels like it was made for a controller on a console and not a mouse on a PC, and the online was incredibly fresh and had some great ideas, YES, the game had glitches, and it wasn't perfect when it came to SP...but IMO it deserves goty more than Batman, Batman was great, and i would be happy if its goty contender, over infamous IMO (i changed my mind around now lol), but not over killzone 2...Batman had the worst boss battles and was too easy to finish, i love batman but its just my opinion....and btw NO, i do not take out batman as GOTY because its a muliplat.... *i play 360 games that i like/love and will never let love for a system get in my way of playing the best games. 

I care what the nominees are because IGN is really popular, games like Demon soul's who get shown as a Nominee get more recognition, i would hate to see someone say *oh demon souls isnt that good, it wasnt even nominated* and yes people do say that >_>

P.S.....ACII is the shxt =p

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MrBubbles said:

I have to agree with you on one point. Saying Infamous is better than AA is like saying pie is better than free pie.

mabye the pie tastes better lol

No one in this entire thread has even mentioned Ratchet and Clank.

You're all a disgrace to the Playstation name.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Sorcery said:
No one in this entire thread has even mentioned Ratchet and Clank.

You're all a disgrace to the Playstation name.

lol omg you are so right!!i feel so shamed!!! to tell you the truth, i havent played it, i hate that it has no online, i am sure i am still going to love it, but i really wish it had online, ill play it when i get the chance =p, damn cannot believe i forgot lol