By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Casamassina: Nintendo is Lazy!

woopah said:
what i want to know is, would it really have made any difference if NSMB and wiisports had greta graphics?

Not sure the sales would have mattered, but the costs and/or development time would have been higher.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Did this Casanova guy turn in his letter of resignation with these sandy vagina blogs?

Nintendo isn't lazy. It's everybody else that's so lazy they can't even come up with a game as appealing as Wii Sports. And ooooh man it's fun to watch them try.

I figured it was obvious why Toad was used twice. Freakin' Peach is the one your saving!!! So who the hell else in the good side of Mario universe could it possibly be???

Miyamoto was obviously kidding in his response and the real reason is simply based on the story itself.

Much as I love Nintendo I have to say this article is well and truly spot on. Pikmin 1 and 2 but still no Pikmin 3? Animal Crossing a port of the DS game. Disgraceful!!! The less I say about Wii Music the better.

But all will be forgiven if they give me Pikmin 3 before February.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

ClaudeLv250 said:
Iwata: (laughs)

win

Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
Iwata: (laughs)

Miyamoto: (laughs)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

whats so bad about being lazy?
Nintendo so far is getting most profit from the video games industry and yet there being "lazy"...
im sorry but Nintendo isnt going to release 20 AAA games because those LAZY third parties aren't putting there so called AAA titles on the wii... well thats all I gots to say... bye :l

Let's take the games he mentions as lazy one-by-one:

1. Wii Play -- it is a $10 tech demo. It is not a full game. No one ever pretended it to be. He misses its point (and conveniently leaves out that it comes with a controller).

2. Wii Music -- it was as simple or complex as you wanted it to be. Someone who plays as a barking cheerleader to defame the game does not deserve to pass judgement

3. AC: City Folk -- it could have had more. But it does have on-line play, which you would not think reading Matt's comments.

4. New Play Control series. So far in the US, all that has come out is Mario Tennis, Pikmin, and DK Jungle Beat as well as the Metroid remakes. The first two lent themselves to this control scheme. DKJB lays much more like a traditional platformer. Metroid Prime 1 and 2 now come with 3 for the same price as the Wii original sold for originally -- what is wrong wit that? (For $50 you now get three games instead of one).

5. Other Wii-makes are out there too -- from RE4 to Harvest Moon. Is that third parties being lazy?

6. It also seems like he is missing some games from the same time period -- Wario Shake, Excite Bots, etc. These were released by Nintendo, through first or second-party development.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

He's right. I don't care.

Wow, Matt is such a huge Nintendo fanboy at IGN, such a fanboy that any time I heard him in any podcast I just felt like turning it off, but for him to say what he said in this article...just wow, looks like he's opened his eyes to the reality and is starting to get the shits with the company he loves.

I've got to say, he has balls, cuz we all know that other Nintendo fanboys will rip into him despite Matt being one of them...kinda sad.