By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Matt Casamassina: Nintendo is Lazy!

Phendrana said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"But for players who do value cutting-edge graphics and audio -- there are millions of us, by the way; we're not a niche, as six million copies sold of Modern Warfare 2 in November show -- it's a slap in the face and a clear case of the bottom line taking precedence."

No. That only proves the game sold well, not that they bought it because they favor those things. Too many other HD games have those as well and haven't sold those numbers.

That is just bullshit logic.

Sure, Nintendo should've poured millions into creating a high-tech third place console just to appease the "hardcore" gamer. That quote shows how spoiled these people are. As if the whole industry exists to meet their needs.

"We don't want just 2 HD consoles, we want ALL THREE!!!! We're gamers, we deserve all video games!!!! WE'RE IMPORTANT!!!!" STFU, Matt, and go join IGN PS3.

I gave up listening to anything he had to say after his personal crusade against Wii Music. Nintendo might not be meeting his expectations, but I'm fine with what they're doing. Telling me I'm wrong, and my tastes in gaming are wrong, is pure arrogant bullshit.

And honestly, I don't even get where this is coming from. Nintendo has released so many awesome games this gen with more on the way. Does he want EVERY SINGLE GAME to cater to his needs? He's nothing but a spoiled man-child....   

He can take this little tirade and shove it up his ass....amasina.

Will his name be pronounceable someday?

@ Phendrana 

Yes I think that's the point. Many third editors fails sometimes with a game, and when it does with Nintendo, it seems that they betrayed everybody and they were lazy on that. Seriously... Nintendo is everything but lazy. They work hard to please us, although they didn't create a super hyper technologic hardware.

Around the Network

Now that Matt has finally shown his true colors. I know for sure that gaming media is totally against the Wii and Nintendo. 2011 can't come any sooner.

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Matt's just tired of being teased by his peers for being fat, and has no balls to stand up for himself.

i'll agree with malstrom on this one. matt doesn't know what gaming is.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

If it was so easy others would do it. They don't. Connect the dots.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
Around the Network
the2bears said:

Short.  Elegant.  To the point.

I like it.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
the2bears said:

Short.  Elegant.  To the point.

I like it.

There was a guy who found the solution to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, which was actually leaning a bit too far to structually hold. His solution was to put a bunch of weights on the other side, and reverse the lean to a safe point (to where it was still leaning, but stable). A buy on the news said "I could have thought of that". "Then why didn't you?"

All this hard and complicated work to get gaming accepted by the mainstream, and Nintendo does the simple things. And they didn't need to spend millions of dollars trying to tack a mature story onto a game.

Not to knock those games, but those are not the way to make the mainstream care about those pasttimes. They blow millions to act as though gaming is important because of those things, and Nintendo gets the mainstream to like games by simply finding what games those people would like to play.

Simple, yes. Easy, perhaps. But lazy, only if they didn't want to bother finding out what games people liked.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

maykissthebride said:
Cobretti2 said:

lso to add to this.

you say Nintendo need a kick in the balls to get their game straight. That is fine. but what exactly do you want from them?

No matter what they do people are always unpleased.

This has been said 100 times already

N64:

- 3rd parties complained about how hard it was to get a game on the system because of quality control being too high of a standard.

- fan complained about lack of 3rd party games.

Gamecube:

- 3rd parties said we do not want to develope because we cannot compete with Nintendo software.

Wii:

- Nintendo takes a break to ALLOW for 3rd party software (even Reggie said giving them a window to do so).

- 3rd parties release crap games then blame wii for poor sales. when they dont even bring AAA titles or advertising budgets. Most the decent 3rd party games can ony be baught online as stores don't stock them.

- fans bitch about bring back quality control.

So from all this tell me WHAT DO THEY NEED TO DO?

personally i would love if it was just Nintendo games only but that would mean WAY less hardware sales and less games. Can you accept that?

To tell you the truth, i kinda have an answer to this.

I dont know if its the BEST answer but it is one.

Look, the wii lacks good 3rd party games. But up until now, its IMPOSSIBLE to name a single AAA game made by third parties that had hit the system.(at least on the west. japan already got Monster Hunter 3)

Which means: 3rd party complains, but dont want to put real money on the system, so wii lack good games.

Nintendo does what it can. Release its own half assed games while get Zelda done.

They cant release more games because internal teams already got their hands full.

What´s the answer: to publish some 3rd party games and/or buy new studios and make them internal developers

Nintendo already does that! Sin and Punishment 2 is a exemple. Reginlev is coming in february under this situation> But it needs to do more

Nintendo probably needs to fill up the year calendary with nintendo published games made by outside studios.

3rd party publishers dont want to invest some real money on the wii? f*** em! Lets get this show done by ourselves then!!!!

You cant say they dont have the money to do this. They have.

even though your banned I will answer you anyway soyou may read it.

yes it does sound good in thoery. I too wouldn't mind the thing you suggested but the problem is Nintendo from that point forward would have to accept being the third console in every generation form this point forward.

Sure tey could buy some studios but look at the past RARE as an example. Some people do not want to be stuck as developers for one console and leave anyway.

So they could buy good studios but if the people do not like the hardware they will find jobs elsewhere and what they baught would be just shit.

Gnizmo said:
nitekrawler1285 said:

Nintendo's revolution promised a lot.  Newbies are awestruck and others are left wanting.  There is no reason there isn't a great rts, fps, 3rd person action game and so many more that haven't been on other consoles.  Any concept that they have done that is cool is rather limited to many jaded gamers.  They also add on to the Wii series with WF+ and WS:resort and rumors of WMu+ while the otaku are left to fix their Nintendo games to expand them and flesh them out (SSBB+).  

I understand that Nintendo is a business and obligated to make as much profit from it's ventures as possible and that core games are more expensive to make. However when we have a market where two players are loosing money to cater to our whims it's not unbelievable that they want more than they are getting from nintendo. Thus the negative attitude.  They are making it rather clear who they believe are larger portions of the bottom line and have moved on. I just wish most of us jaded gamers would move on too Its not like we wont get Motion controlled games that re more along our values in a few months to a year.

Which Nintendo franchises lend themselves to these genres? Pikmin 3, and a 3rd person Metroid are coming. Fist person Metroid is out there, and most of their key franchises have at least one iteration out. Nintendo can't force 3rd parties to make games for them though, and they don't make certain genres. Blaming Nintendo for the lack of those games is misguided.

There also have been a few very good efforts into the genres you list by the by. I can think of a few 3rd person action games that are fun, and a handful of good FPS games. I do agree that it could be better, but that is really the fault of the industry as a whole rather than any given company.

They could create some new ones! Everyone (except Nintendo) knows there are plenty of people waiting for them to do so.  

I do believe the industry could do better. However i think the same could be said of Nintendo directly as well.

wow so this is matt's Epic Betrayal?

i don't think any nintendo fan like me would wanna read his posts anymore