By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cartoon nowdays cant touch classic like dbz

he man and master of universe kinda suck nothing bad ever happen he man and "I have the power" was very annoying

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Around the Network

DBZ, a classic?? I disagree....while I do like some anime (as long as it has Japanese voice overs), I don't think DBZ is too special...and it certainly doesn't come anywhere close to the likes of (the original) TMNT, GI-Joe, and ESPECIALLY Looney Toons.

TMNT and the original Power Rangers were the best. Captain Planet was pretty awesome as a kid too.

Also the Nick shows were way better too, like Rocko's modern life, Doug, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, and Catdog. Also Are You Afraid of The Dark? was pretty cool and freaky back then too...

Dbz is classic tv now? Gosh I feel old. All I had to watch on weekdays was @#$%ing Flintstones over and over again. Thank Gawd for GI Joe and Transformers that broke the Saturday morning only mold.

Cartoons you watched as a kid always seem better. I thought the old Dungeons and Dragons were the best until I downloaded them and realized how lame they actually were. lol. Some things are best left in the past.

"Legend of Galactic Heroes" is a classic... DBZ is at best nostalgia, though Akira Tomoyama (sp?) had better manga before that (though not action)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

Nostalgia... but I still enjoy the Simpsons and Family man. I agree lots of new cartoons nowadays are plain stupid. The don't make stuff like Tom & Jerry anymore. Those were classics.

Noooo! Nothing's as good as David the Gnome!!! >_

Are you comparing anime with american cartoons? You shouldn't.

But maybe you are right, I haven't seen something comprable to Batman Animated or Batman Beyond in last years (coming from USA of course)

DBZ is not a classic. The classics are Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Marvin the Marshan and the likes.

Damn kids these days with their flavored soda pop and crappy cartoons...

Currently playing: Civ 6