By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cartoon nowdays cant touch classic like dbz

Words Of Wisdom said:
MontanaHatchet said:

What really used to make CN great was the old Toonami. It not only had DBZ, but it had that odd old cartoon where there were a bunch of people entering computer worlds, hrmmm, I can't remember that show in the slightest!

You're probably either thinking of .hack//sign or Reboot.

Reboot was awesome.

Also, in pokemons defense.  Like the first year or two was ok.

It's just then they thought "Hey everyone loves ash right?  So we can't EVER get rid of him.  EVER!"

So it got boring, had they had new characters for the other "Leagues" for a couple seasons for the other regions with the occasional Ash cameo followed up by a big battle tournament between all the TV show trainers.  That woudla been something.  However they were too afraid they wouldn't make a Pokemon as marketable to the masses as Pikachu each time so they kept ash.

That and freakin team Rocket.  I like them I really do.  But someone on the Pokemon writing team needs to learn that they need to be used sparingly... and not once every freaking episode.  I mean it's just annoying that Ash can never see one thing through or get one clean win or loss because you know team rockets going to step in.

I mean if you were ash wouldn't you just murder them at this point?  What court is going to convict you?  I mean if three roving jackasses ambushed you every day of your life, for like... what has to be what... 3-4 years and tried to steal all your stuff and kidnap your pet wouldn't you just kill them?  And wouldn't you really just be justified.  I mean come on.

Around the Network

I hate to break it to you guys, but it's not AIMED at our age group anymore. Just wait, in about 15 years all these kids are going to be complaining about how entertainment sucks in the future.

That said, DBZ hoodwinked me into thinking it was a good show, but then I realized that it took three episodes for a punch to happen. Cowboy Bebop is where it's at.

I hardly see DBZ as a classic. I mean seriously its not old enough to be a classic. When I hear classic cartoons I think Looney Toons.

takeru51 said:
I hate to break it to you guys, but it's not AIMED at our age group anymore. Just wait, in about 15 years all these kids are going to be complaining about how entertainment sucks in the future.

That said, DBZ hoodwinked me into thinking it was a good show, but then I realized that it took three episodes for a punch to happen. Cowboy Bebop is where it's at.

Not necessarily. I can look back now and fully admit that Transformers, GI Joe, TMNT, etc. were complete crap. After going to school for illustration, I really got into the old Disney stuff and some of the older 'toons previous to the 60s  when people gave a damn about what they produced because animation was really a cottage industry.

But I will admit that Cowboy Bebop rocks. It's one of the few anime that doesn't get preachy and doesn't make me want to shove ice picks into my eyes and ears.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

takeru51 said:

Cowboy bebop is crap.. watch real animes; Air Gear; Elfen Lied; GunGrave; Noir; Burst Angel; Area 88; Girls Bravo

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

There are still some new AAA cartoons such as Avatar the last Airbender. Although I would say there is far more shovel ware cartoons now... 20-30 years ago it mostly A and AAA, now there is lots of C and D...

jlauro said:
There are still some new AAA cartoons such as Avatar the last Airbender. Although I would say there is far more shovel ware cartoons now... 20-30 years ago it mostly A and AAA, now there is lots of C and D...

just eeeww lol, Scooby Doo is still on now thats a great cazrtoon.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'd agree with the point, but...

There were some great old cartoons (Robotech was awesome), but my god DBZ was blowful.   

Does Aqua Teen Hunger Force count as a cartoon? It kicks ass

Oh, and does anyone remember the glorious cartoon that was Captain N?