By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cartoon nowdays cant touch classic like dbz

i agree with lafiel, cowboy bebop owns all. death note is nice too

Around the Network

Dragon Ball Z is good. Pokemon was good. All of the shows listed here are good. It's just the flood of high school cartoons that has diluted the number of good cartoons. Seriously, almost every single cartoon is about some teenager, and his life in a high school. I can't stand those cartoons. We need Looney Tunes, Mickey Mouse, Batman, Spiderman, Superman, and all those other, awesome cartoons, back. An even better option is for people to start making better cartoons, but we all know that's not going to happen.

While not a cartoon per se, I don't think Fraggle Rock can be touched as one of the all time best kid's shows ever

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

this is my biggest forum ever woo hoo datta beyo i think that how you spell it

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

DBZ is from you childhood you will always love DBZ more than others because it reminds you of your childhood.

Everytime when I hear the French opening Theme of DB I think again about those days where I woke up at 07.30 A.M. to watch DB!

Around the Network

oh man, i lolled at that thought of dbz being a "classic".

here's he real deal for you, you grew up. wether you're talking gummie bears, fraggle rock, bobby's world, dbz, pokemon, or whatever crap is on tv now the show actually sucks. but since you grew up with it you're nostalgic about it and will let the shittyness of the show slide. same thing happend to me except i'm older and happen to think dbz sucks.

my favourite anime now is bleach. best anime ever is giant robo

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

anime i am watching now is devil may cry it great

kitler53 said:

here's he real deal for you, you grew up. wether you're talking gummie bears, fraggle rock, bobby's world, dbz, pokemon, or whatever crap is on tv now the show actually sucks. but since you grew up with it you're nostalgic about it and will let the shittyness of the show slide. same thing happend to me except i'm older and happen to think dbz sucks.

The Gummies are still awesome.  Four-paw drive FTW.

But yeah... DBZ.  It was good mindless action until you watched more than one arc of it.  Then you realized just how inane and repetitive it really was.  And then of course there was the 30 episodes (or whatever number) that turned into waiting for Goku.

I can honestly say that watching shows like Outlaw Star, Noir, and Full Metal Panic showed that there was hope for decent plots in anime.  

kitler53 said:

I don't think that's completely true.  MOST people will admit when something is bad if they find it to be, even if they liked it as a child. 

Kidd Video was pretty awful but I loved it as a kid, same with the Super Mario Brothers Super Show (namely the live action parts), and I like watching it now and again for the cheese and nostalgia.  That doesn't mean it was any good.

There are certainly the horrible titles from the past (Gummy Bears, The Ewoks cartoon, california rasins, attack of the killer tomatoes, etc, etc, etc) but there are some titles that I still find great as an adult (Count Duckula, Darkwing Duck, X-Men, TMNT, etc)

one final note:

Excuussssssse me princess!

Edit:  Just thought I would share -

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X