By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - cartoon nowdays cant touch classic like dbz

super_etecoon said:
dtewi said:
RolStoppable said:

DBZ is not a classic and I don't think it is a good show.

Anyway, there are still good cartoons today, one of them is...

<---

Kingdom Hearts isn't a show idiot.

Am I missing some inside joke here?

You are not alone... maybe someone has been drinking...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
FJ-Warez said:
super_etecoon said:
dtewi said:
RolStoppable said:

ArtofAngels said:
Dragon Ball Z was and always will be the Bruce Lee of Anime.

If by that you mean they both have stupid hair... I agree.

Kasz216 said:
FJ-Warez said:
super_etecoon said:
dtewi said:
RolStoppable said:

<---

Is Dtewi's avatar someone from Kingdom hearts? If so I'd guess the joke is that when quoted instead of pointing to rolstoppables avatar it points to dtweis. If not... put me in the "He's drunk" camp.

I think you might be right.  I don't recognize the character, but I never finished either KH game.  Something about the jelly ship turned me off...not to mention the fact that they used a lot of bad Disney films for the settings.

Avatar the Last Airbender: Nice show. Plus there are a lot of good Japanese Animes that doesn't get into America...

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Kasz216 said:
FJ-Warez said:
super_etecoon said:
dtewi said:
RolStoppable said:

<---

Is Dtewi's avatar someone from Kingdom hearts? If so I'd guess the joke is that when quoted instead of pointing to rolstoppables avatar it points to dtweis. If not... put me in the "He's drunk" camp.

I think you might be right.  I don't recognize the character, but I never finished either KH game.  Something about the jelly ship turned me off...not to mention the fact that they used a lot of bad Disney films for the settings.

Yeah, the same problem prevented me from picking it up.  I mean I even still like to watch a lot of shows designed for children... but I really never liked that much Disney stuff.

Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Aladain the show.  Gargoyles.  Goof Troop was ok.  Never really liked any of their movies that I can remember.  Probably because of the lack of cheesy action.  Which is why it surprised me that people like Micky of all people were in an RPG in the first place.

DBZ and quality do not belong together

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
DBZ and quality do not belong together

Saddly, I agree

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

What about Johnny Quest, the old and the remake. Snorks wasn't bad either but I don't remember it as much as Smurfs. Voltron was always awesome and so was Thundercats. As far as Disney goes they had some pretty solid ones in Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin and Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers! I hate to say it but I find myself sometimes watching Arthur on PBS when its on, too many memories of younger years to just forget about. Don't get me started on some of the better Nick Jr. shows when it first came out, Busy World, Little Bits and Rupert the Bear.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

DBZ ? well I know dozens of anime that are better than DBZ , especially because I think the anime to DBZ was quite bad - the Manga was much better and didn't have those uber-drawn-out fights like freezer vs goku .. how long was that shit ? 20 episodes ? and the planet still "explodes in 3 minutes" ? .. god that was awful *ugh*

in the manga the pacing was sooo much better , but even the manga can't even begin to compare to real master pieces like Legend of Galactic Heroes , Death Note , Juuni Kokki , Monster , Cowbow Beebop , Higurashi no Naku Koro ni , Mushishi , Initial D ,....