By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 12/10 (Tales of Graces and other games)

'Honestly, it's first day sales and nobody even knows if bundles are counted or not. People need to stop crying and wait until we get more numbers. I would've thought people would know by now that calling flop after one week of sales is a grave mistake with any game, yet here we are, with first day sales and everyone is all chaotic about what a disappointment it is.'.

Agreed, but with Crystal Bearers still in recent memory it is easy to be sceptical.

Also, nobody forced NamBan to release this when they did. They did to cash in on the holiday crowd. Furthermore, the slot didn't seem to hurt MW2.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Soriku, you should take Ari's advice and stop wasting your breath arguing with stickball. You have to remember that this is the same guy that spent weeks writing seething posts in sales threads when Monster Hunter 3 came out. Most of the detractors left after the first week when they were undeniably wrong, stickball on the other hand kept fighting the good fight even if he could never win it.

It doesn't matter if this is first day sales. If blockbuster Monster Hunter 3 isn't safe from trolling what make you think facts and logics are going stop detractors from piling up on little old Tales?

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
Soriku, you should take Ari's advice and stop wasting your breath arguing with stickball. You have to remember that this is the same guy that spent weeks writing seething posts in sales threads when Monster Hunter 3 came out. Most of the detractors left after the first week when they were undeniably wrong, stickball on the other hand kept fighting the good fight even if he could never win it.

It doesn't matter if this is first day sales. If blockbuster Monster Hunter 3 isn't safe from trolling what make you think facts and logics are going stop detractors from piling up on little old Tales?

Do you remember what my argument about MH3 was? Just curious.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

Do you remember what my argument about MH3 was? Just curious.

Oh no, please. This will totally derail the thread.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Very well, I PMed Claude to advise me on what posts he is talking about =)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
trestres said:

Also, Nintendo takes a bigger chunk of the money for every copy sold than Sony or MS do. 

Source?  Or just FUD?

The Source said devs get more revenue/unit when working on the HD consoles. That's my source, that's The Source.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
The Source said devs get more revenue/unit when working on the HD consoles. That's my source, that's The Source.

The Source is the best source.

ClaudeLv250 said:
I was wondering why this thread exploded.

Then I noticed that it was the same old song and dance from the same old Wii detractors looking for a good troll.

Never change, VGChartz.

Didnt u predict at least 300k FW? And anything lower would be a disappointment

Gosh why is there so much anarchy over the first day sale of game when the data can and often have proven themselve to be incorrect and adjusted at the week-end tally.

At least wait for the first week of data to come in before everyone goes off the deep end!