By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan First Day Sales 12/10 (Tales of Graces and other games)

Soriku -

You still haven't explained to me why Tales games have the same legs regardless if they are released during November, December or July.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Btw, apparently Famitsu has DotNW FW at 137k FW compared to VGC's 156k in Japan. ToG'll rape DotNW FW.

No they don't.  Famitsu was 151k.  Media Create was 137k.  And like I've said DotNW had higher first day sales.  I don't know why you are so dead set that Graces is already tracking above it.  (though I do expect Graces to at least beat the Media Create number.)

Also looking back, Tales of Destiny PS2 had terrible legs despite releasing November 30th.  But I'm sure you'll just say it is because it is a remake, so whatever.

Didn't people say NSMB Wii bombed when first day numbers released and then it sold 900k first week... -_- *sigh* these threads make me lose a little faith when seeing how riled up people can get...

100k first week for ToV on 360 was a huge win for MS in Japan.

First day sales of ToV on PS3 "[PS3] Tales of Vesperia - 147k"... only what 30k more? Please people get over yourselves. Game sales are more spread out on the holidays since so many good games release and buying habits change, sales will be steady though since fewer people are day 1 buyers with Christmas around the corner.

Simply speaking... there is no bomb get over it this thread needs to get off that topic cause it's flat out wrong

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

ClaudeLv250 said:
I was wondering why this thread exploded.

Then I noticed that it was the same old song and dance from the same old Wii detractors looking for a good troll.

Never change, VGChartz.

^ This. Though for me it is actually getting quite boring. The same people again and again. Why don't they stick to their own consoles?

OT: personally given the pre-order numbers and especially given that FFXIII is one week away (and its advertising blitz has already started at full strength) I am not surprised by the numbers, I think they are good given the circumstances.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Yakuza -

Every Tales has had horrible legs despite releasing in November or December for the PS2. That is why I've been so hardheaded toward Soriku and Maijin.

Here are the release dates for EVERY Tales of the decade and the % of LTD that was first week:

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (PSP) - 69% (January 26th)
Tales of Destiny 2 (PSP) - 57% (February 5th)
Tales of Eternia (PSP) - 39% (March 3rd)
Tales of Rebirth (PSP) - 54% (March 19th)
Tales of VS (PSP) - 71% (August 6th)
Tales of Symphonia: NotNW (Wii) - 71% (June 26th)
Tales of Vesperia (X360) - 50% (August 7th)
Tales of Legendia (PS2) - 71% (August 22nd)
Tales of Symphonia (GC) - 57% (August 28th)
Tales of Phantasia (PSP) - 58% (September 7th)
Tales of Vesperia (PS3) - 73% (September 17th, still selling)
Tales of Symphonia (PS2) - 68% (September 22nd)
Tales of The Tempest (DS) - 41% (October 26th)
Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2) - 65% (November 28th)
Tales of Destiny (PS2) - 70% (November 30th)
Tales of Innocence (DS) - 43% (December 6th)
Tales of The Abyss (PS2) - 66% (December 15th)
Tales of Rebirth (PS2) - 62% (December 16th)
Tales of Hearts (DS) - 55% (December 18th)
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 (PSP) - 45% (December 21st)

Now, I must ask this: Of these twenty Tales games, which ones will you argue that Graces is going to perform more like, and on which premise? So far, I have yet to see a single 'Graces did fine' adherent give a single iota of data, and are only basing their arguments on heresay. If the conversation continues in that direction (me arguing with numbers, others arguing with opinion) then I humbly withdraw from this conversation.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

mrstickball, I'm sticking to what I said earlier. I don't want to predict or say anything concrete at all, because I think we have far too little data for anything like that. On a different and probably somewhat pathetic note, I am honored that you actually remembered (or bothered to look up) my name.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
mrstickball, I'm sticking to what I said earlier. I don't want to predict or say anything concrete at all, because I think we have far too little data for anything like that. On a different and probably somewhat pathetic note, I am honored that you actually remembered (or bothered to look up) my name.

Except he spelled it "Maijin" instead of "Majin" :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

... GOD. DAMN. IT.

Must you always be the bringer of bad news, Maxwell?!

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:

... GOD. DAMN. IT.

Must you always be the bringer of bad news, Maxwell?!

Well I am sir bans-a-lot, I bring a lot of people bad news.

I just speak truth be it bad or good :P

Soriku, give it up kid, you look even more of a fanboy if you argue against facts. Just wait till the week numbers are out.