By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is motion sickness effecting sales?

@choirsoftheeye,

yes, thanks for noticing :)

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

Games such as Marathon on xbl gave me motion sickness and Bioshock did as well the first day, it then went away. It is pretty common though.

If it could be affecting sales? in my opinion I don't think so, I mean FPS has been out for some time, and I didn't see motion sickness hurting their sales ;). One time when I was watching my bro playing metroid prime echoes, my head would start to hurt, but when am playing FPS I have no prob with motion sickness

Do I doubt it? Yeah. You get motion sickness through excessive motion being caught in your peripheral, so most video games won't cause it, unless you only concentrate on a small portion, like in guitar hero, where I have experienced motion sickness because of the pure retardation of shaky cam during solos. Concentrate on moving bar while camera shakes like you just gave it to a four year old...

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

OH!

Yes, Guitar Hero does give me some "motion sickness" when I STOP playing. Even looking at a Youtube video of GH will do that though. It's just because I concentrate so hard on the guitar frets scrolling down, that when I look away from the TV, I get the opposite effect, and everything looks like it's moving away from me.

It doesn't make me feel sick though, and it happens to almost all my friends, it's just eye trickery, and it's pretty cool that the coffee table looks like it's rising half a foot from the ground haha.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
XCosMarX said:
If it could be affecting sales? in my opinion I don't think so, I mean FPS has been out for some time, and I didn't see motion sickness hurting their sales ;). One time when I was watching my bro playing metroid prime echoes, my head would start to hurt, but when am playing FPS I have no prob with motion sickness

It's probably that the Japanese aren't tolerant of it. My momwill get motion sick by playing 3D games (i.e, Mario 64). My mother is a motion sick person, but that's pretty basd if it's nation wide (many people complain about it ferom different regions).