By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is motion sickness effecting sales?

http://gonintendo.com/?p=28637

I looks like motion sickness might be affecting sales of the game. I haven't read the artical yet, so I'll let you decide.

EDIT: Sorry this is about Galaxy. Forgot. My Bad. 

Around the Network

Way to post an article before even reading it. 

(*pst* and at least tell us what game you're talking about or have you not figured that out yet either because you haven't read it)

Also, motion sickness in FPS games have been around since those games were created and they haven't had a huge impact.

I don't understand the whole motion sickness problem...but I would assume even if it was real, most people wouldn't experience it once they're actually controlling Mario.

I dunno. I play Portal like crazy and FPSs all day...and I'm sure Mario will sell fine. Even if it underperforms, I don't really care, I'm gonna buy it, that's all I care about right now.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Portal is the only game thats ever made me feel a little sick and that was when I was going at terminal velocity from ceiling to floor and tried to shoot out to the right at a certain spot. that was insane and by the 10th time I had to take a break.
After 2 mins I went right back to it and worked out another way of doing the puzzle.

There is nothing in the mario trailers that comes anywhere close to the crazy eye watering things you can do in portal so I find it very hard to believe it will put anyone off buying the game.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network

I couldn't play Metroid Prime 3 - shaky hands and a motion sickness problem don't mix with that game.

whoops

umm. how can you possibly get motion sickness?? seriously. watching a tv screen? are you kidding me. if this was virtual boy and the game was swaying all over the place that would make sense. but you are watching a television. anyone who gets motion sickness from that should be shot. seriously. end your life. harsh, but definitely worth it.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Wow, your penis must be huge, ilovetogame. Size of Japan?

twesterm said:

Way to post an article before even reading it.

(*pst* and at least tell us what game you're talking about or have you not figured that out yet either because you haven't read it)

You got me there. I have neglected go though it as I'm doing Homework as well. I'll have to read it later.