By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy bombs in Japan - only sells 130,000 on day 1

kirby007 said:
This gem is gold, seems like mario bombs everytime in japan

If you convienantly ignore NSMB DS, NSMB Wii, SMG2, and Mario 3D Land all having good to great openings, sure. 

While it is a funny bump, 3D World simply doesn't have the monster userbase that Galaxy had to fall back upon.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
kirby007 said:

If you convienantly ignore NSMB DS, NSMB Wii, SMG2, and Mario 3D Land all having good to great openings, sure. 

While it is a funny bump, 3D World simply doesn't have the monster userbase that Galaxy had to fall back upon.

while that is true, this just shows the typical overreaction that currently happens with 3DW and that we need to stop worry so much

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Soundwave said:
kirby007 said:

He was just being ironic, man. Have some fun

By the way, Super Mario Galaxy 2 sold worse than the first in Japan. (1,20 to 0,98)

kirby007 said:
Soundwave said:
kirby007 said:

while that is true, this just shows the typical overreaction that currently happens with 3DW and that we need to stop worry so much

I do wonder if some of the Wii audience initially didn't know that Mario Galaxy was a Mario platformer and that may have accounted for a slightly slower start for the game. 

I mean unless you read gaming sites, the name "Super Mario Galaxy" itself doesn't neccessarily imply or link itself to Super Mario 64, people may have thought it was some kind of space-themed Mario spin-off (my friend actually thought this). 

kirby007 said:

LMAO way to bring a thread back from the stone ages.That was a trip out, so many lost users :(

Around the Network

The fuck

I love that guys name

This thread makes me sad almost all of those who posted in this thread were the 1st gen of vgchartz users. Iremember them all._. Most have not logged in monsts or years.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

DMeisterJ!..He´s on GAF currently.

Bodhesatva, always the voice of reason.

Wow, flashbacks all over when seeing those names again. Good ol vgc times

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies