By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy bombs in Japan - only sells 130,000 on day 1

Ok, this is a copy from another post of mine, at the sales part of the forum nevertheless....

"LOL , so many people have posted and not a single one have managed to understand the article. Super Mario Galaxy has already sold 830.000 games by day one since 700.000 WERE ALREADY SOLD BEFORE ITS RELEASE. So it has sold by day one in Japan as much as Mario Sunshine for gamecube has sold in its lifespan. There, pretty lame for a day one right? Only 130.000 by day one right? That's because 700.000 have bought it before day one. That makes it only a little below a million by day one. Now go on , say how pathetic the sales are, lol."

Around the Network
sinha said:
This thread bombed. With such a controversial title, I was predicting 10 pages.

I'm betting he only created this thread with that badly faked professional look so he could try and dig it.

It would not be a first for him, and certainly won't be his last.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

just a question: when we'll get the final week sales by famitsu / MC /Shinobi, will i t be a thursday to wednesday or just a monday to sunday (and so only 4 days of SMG)?

linktothepast said:

Ok, this is a copy from another post of mine, at the sales part of the forum nevertheless....

"LOL , so many people have posted and not a single one have managed to understand the article. Super Mario Galaxy has already sold 830.000 games by day one since 700.000 WERE ALREADY SOLD BEFORE ITS RELEASE. So it has sold by day one in Japan as much as Mario Sunshine for gamecube has sold in its lifespan. There, pretty lame for a day one right? Only 130.000 by day one right? That's because 700.000 have bought it before day one. That makes it only a little below a million by day one. Now go on , say how pathetic the sales are, lol."

That has already been debunked in this thread, 700k were ordered by retailers. Not ordered by retailers for their kids and friends, for putting on the store shelves.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

It isn't THAT big.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Besides it might get bigger becuase more people want in on the bet.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

So it sold 250k/256k first week acording to Famitsu data.

It's interesting that even after first day sales most people still were expecting SMG to sell more than it did. I actually haven't seen single prediction which was lower then 250 even when SMG really had very good first day/first week multiplier (1.92 or 1.97).

I have to say the sales are disappointing. I'm not going to sugar coat it. Don't act like Sony fanboys. Have the dignity to admit when sales are poor and don't make stupid excuses.

This gem is gold, seems like mario bombs everytime in japan

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Lol!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.