By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy bombs in Japan - only sells 130,000 on day 1

One thing that becomes apparent, there seems to be even fewer Nintendophiles with Wii than we had thought. At least in Japan. How spread out is the base? Perhaps the problem with all games currently coming out, from Galaxy to Opoona to Dewy to DQ is they are still designed with the regular gamer mindset in mind, not the people who bought a Wii for Wii Sports.

Currently there is nothing really comparible to Wii Sports out there.
Maybe M&S @ Olympics will fill that hole, or maybe Wii Fit will be the gargantuan hit John Lucas predicts.

Nintendo has created a new market, and now the industry needs to figure out what to feed it. Apperantly more of the same, dispite how good it may be, is not what the customers are ordering.

Around the Network

VERY VERY Disappointing..

But I am positive this will at least sell 1 million

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

It is worrying to see this but i'm not 2 concerned... jjust look at the legs of NSMB...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I think the chances of this outselling NSMB in Japan are zero. I think they always were zero. In America and Europe maybe, but Japan is the land of handhelds, and a console game selling 1-2 million lifetime over there is solid.

700K at  launch week's end.

It will sell great every day again and again.

Quote me for this for it shall be true.

And bow to me and lick my shoe.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I think the only problem here is the topic in which people were predicting outrageous numbers like 900k first day sales and the like, which is absurd. The overhyping by certain VGchartz members makes 130k first day sales seem paltry when if fact they are great. They aren't Halo 3 in the US great, but Mario hasn't been plastered on mountain dew cans, and constant TV adds for the past 3 months either.

Their is nothing remotely disappointing about it, certain members here just had absurd expectations. If not meeting the expectations of a few members here constitutes a flop, then yes it flopped. But 130k first day sales is excellent, and in week 1 will probably be higher than sunshine or 64, and will continue to sell for the lifetime of the wii.

This topic title really is flame bait, and shameful at that.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

if 1st day was around 130k, then i predict 1st week to be around 220k...

to be a mario main series title, really not that good... prehaps if it is released on the 21st Nov., it could be better...

RolStoppable said:
First party games don't sell well on Nintendo systems.

very true

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
First party games don't sell well on Nintendo systems.

very true

well this must mean the system is going down--hang on i will start a thread about the bubble finaly bursting

smalvct said:
if 1st day was around 130k, then i predict 1st week to be around 220k...

to be a mario main series title, really not that good... prehaps if it is released on the 21st Nov., it could be better...

I agree.

Everyone would buy me a SMG copy for my birthday, only to be shocked that everyone gave me the same thing.