By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Saddest ending in a video game? (Spoilers for all games ever)

Final fantasy X- i cried the first time i saw it.

Around the Network

Lufia 2's end was pretty sad.

Fallout 3 and the new Prince of Persia were both sad.
The worst ending ever possibly had to be UT3.

SH: Shattered Memories...(goes to cry in bedroom)
Chrono Trigger: The one where *****************

Words Of Wisdom said:
Lufia 2's end was pretty sad.

You have very good tastes :) Maxim and Selen's sacrifice left me heartbroken.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Also Clock Tower for SNES all endings but "S"

PhoenixKing said:
Reasonable said:
Hmm. Probably some of the endings in Silent Hill 2 - clue, the not very happy ones.

I also found Ico to be wonderfully sad, although it depends what you take as its ending point.

SOTC also had a brilliant ending, very moving.

Also, just today I had a sad ending in Left 4 Dead, playing offline for a while due to a borked connection my NPC buddies sadly failed to bother helping me out and let me die, the silly sods. It was a very sad ending indeed.

Shadow of Colossus? There is no development for the relationship, I had to read the manual to even know that was his sister.

Probably talking about when your horse dies.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog

in terranigma it turns out ark (main character) is the evil version of the hero of the world that died and when you beat the boss he is sent back to his world which then ceases to exist after one day because he killed the evil god that created it.

@maelstrome

That's actually my most liked ending in any video game so far :)

The whole story in terranigma is perfect, but the end is an actual shocker. You destroy everything that was Ark's childhood that was created from Dark Gaia's influence.

I love the ending credits in which Ark's transformed into a gullwing in order to see the world he helped to bring back to life.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Crisis Core: FF7 ;_;

when i start liking him, even if he was a whore and hit on everything that moves.