By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII Famitsu Review

Here is Final Fantasy XIII's Famitsu review

Reviewer 1 - 10/10
Beautiful graphics and superb story. These aspects can be enjoyed without feeling as though they're being forced upon you. Combined with this, the extreme sense of satisfaction from the gameplay, is a direct result of a system that's evolved and reached perfection.
With no vice to really speak of, at this time, this game stands at the RPG forefront of a superb combination of story and gameplay who's value can undoubtedly be experienced by all.

Reviewer 2 - 9/10
There's a few niggling issues like battle damage being difficult to see, and the screen being cluttered, but the amount of enjoyment this game offers more than makes up for it. You'll be drawn into the world with visual, aural, and story aspects. I have a bit of resistance calling this an "RPG-like RPG" however.

Reviewer 3 - 10/10

Extravagant and dense (referring to the amount of content?). A lot of points to keep your eyes open for and is very movie-like. Very beautiful movies are included in a story full of events, to the point where it's difficult to determine where to put the controller down at the beginning. With the amount of character growth, gathering and crafting available in the game, there's enough enjoyable content for you to last for a while with just this one game.

Reviewer 4 - 10/10
Including the beauty of the visual side of things, the total quality is very high. The script is strictly dandy and irritating (whatever the hell that means). Character typecasting is unavoidable and while there should be "your own (character's own?) story", this does not exist. However, the sense of satisfaction gained from playing the game is extremely good, and is something I've never experienced before.

Awesome score! Can't wait to play it.

Around the Network

So it is doomed (lol)

Well, thats a great score, hope it does well.

Great score for FFXIII ;) As it stands, the only FF game ever to get a perfect score from Famitsu is still FFXII xD

Didn't quite understand the second reviewer reason, why did he had trouble calling FFXIII and RPG-like RPG? Maybe he didn't like the fast paced action too much.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Just as I feared. The game is strictly dandy and irritating. This could affect my purchase.

Around the Network

Isn't this the same score The Last Remnant got?
Lol @ Famitsu if so.

So it was true.

That's all I'll say.

Source?

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

So it happened

39/40

FF13 is better than FF6, FF7, FF8 & FF9 according to famitsu

but FF12 is still the best

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Great score, although I don't like 2nd reviewers complaints, I respect his score for the game.

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix!