By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Some anime suggestions for me!

Soriku said:
Gintama is the farthest thing from Bleach. It's nothing like it in terms of characters or story or focus and it's not really like Haruhi except for the the fact that most eps are episodic like Haruhi and Cowboy Bebop. Anyway, the first couple eps of Gintama are good but not anything amazing. It doens't get good until later. So if you stick with it I'm sure you'll like it.

@bolded.

its always like that for animes.

but i'll check it out

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Severance said:
Soriku said:
Khuutra said:
Soriku said:

Oh wait yeah. But you can still like Gintama and not like Bleach. How many times do I have to tell you that Gintama isn't typical shonen? :/ You can ask anyone who's seen it.

Dude I don't care about you recommending Gintama, I was just pointing out that he's asking for things that aren't shonen, and that specifically he said "not Bleach"

Severance! You may also want to see some Wolf's Rain. Very nice, fairly cerebral, by the guys who made Cowboy Bebop.

Severance, how much do you like Bebop

OK. I think I know what type of animes he likes, but I still think he would like Gintama, at least when it comes to the serious arcs. He said he wanted something serious, well here's one of many serious scenes:

well i will check out gintama, i already saw the first episode its like bleach, with alittle bit of Melancholy of Haruhi (which is a good anime but dragged on way too long)

The Melancholy of Haruhi has to be one of the worst animes I've ever watched. Who the flying fu*k thought of the HORRIBLE idea of the "Endless Eight"?

Aoi Bungaku Series. It's still running (12eps) but it's made up of self-containing arcs (2-4 eps) since it's a collection of some Japanese modern classics adaptations.

Baccano! is another pick. Also a short one although it has 3 extra episodes after its original 13.

Speed Grapher springs to mind as well.

Pokemon!

Soriku said:
The Endless Eight...oh god.

...uh.. wtf is the endless eight?  O_o

lemme guess. its eight episodes of randomness?

Around the Network
Mise said:
Samurai Champloo and Detroit Metal City are the first two that come to mind.

im watching this on youtube right now and i im in a "WTF" kind of stance

seriously Wtf its funny and weird and..... fast.

Oh, uh

If you like robots at all

Gundam 08th MS Team is pretty much the best hting to ever come out of that franchise. 13 eps. Excellent.

The other "best thing to ever come out of that franchise" would be Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket, which is often aired as 6 eps but in truth is basically a movie. Definitely the most emotionally mature version of the series.

.... wait, is that you Pullus???

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Even though it's not serious, I recommend Great Teacher Onizuka. It's the best anime I've seen in a long time.

btw, I'd recommend going to myanimelist.com and searching there. They have tons of anime and ways to keep track of it all (much like VGC and its database).

@ hatmoza

Yes, that's Pullus.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

hatmoza said:
.... wait, is that you Pullus???

yes, i changed username