By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Some anime suggestions for me!

i love Animes such as Ghost In the Shell, Cowboy Bebop , Monster.

so no Naruto , Bleach ect even thought Soul Eater was funny for the 4 episodes that i watched. it gets repetitive afterwards.

and what does those anime types called if they are a genre? the one i like?

i know there are tons of anime genres so which genre will i like?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

so any ideas? (i feel this site is slow today, its like the soon i post something everyone shuts up)

Slam Dunk
Detective Conan
Hunter X Hunter

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Slam Dunk
Detective Conan
Hunter X Hunter

Slam dunk is .. okay, just not the type i like.

Detective conan is way too long it gets ridiculous after a couple of hundred episodes!

i'll check out HxH

School Rumble. Probably my favorite, and is one of the funniest things I ever watched. It has like 60 episodes all together, but I recommend you read the manga first since some of the important stuff is cut out.

Dragonball Kai so far is a great redo of DBZ.

Detective Conan is great. It's one of the longest anime's though so it's something you could watch periodically.

Trigun.

Naruto has it's moments, so I'd recommend trying it again. Once you get to Shippuuden it gets much better.

Around the Network

but guys... i like stuff that i posted . something... more "Mature-ish" and not "Hentai-ish"

Severance said:
but guys... i like stuff that i posted . something... more "Mature-ish" and not "Hentai-ish"

what are you talking about, I just gave you some suggestions. Trigun is all about people fighting with guns. Getting shot and blood. Obviously there is some dumb humor, but that's not mature?

Detective Conan has a murder victim in every episode basically, and has an evil organization as the villans.

School Rumble might look kiddy, or girly, but like I said, it's one of the funniest animes ever. Think of everything turning into misunderstandings, and just a bunch of parodys. Also the main character is a dilinquent.

And DBKai is Dragonball. In the Japanese version Vegeta says many curse words.

So I honestly don't know what else to say. If your looking for something close to Cowboy Bebop and stuff, try Trigun.

DivinityFire said:
Severance said:

what are you talking about, I just gave you some suggestions. Trigun is all about people fighting with guns. Getting shot and blood. Obviously there is some dumb humor, but that's not mature?

Detective Conan has a murder victim in every episode basically, and has an evil organization as the villans.

School Rumble might look kiddy, or girly, but like I said, it's one of the funniest animes ever. Think of everything turning into misunderstandings, and just a bunch of parodys. Also the main character is a dilinquent.

So I honestly don't know what else to say. If your looking for something close to Cowboy Bebop and stuff, try Trigun.

im talking about MATURE as in Serious.

@Bolded no thats not mature im talking about , thats just a bloody anime (but i know that the guys who made it made Cowboy Bebop correct?)

Detective conan is pretty long i alreadt saw more than 100 episodes. and got tired of it.

im not trying to find funny animes im trying to find stuff like i listed

how is cursing considered Mature?  =s

okay i'll try trigun thanks

Severance said:
DivinityFire said:
Severance said:

@Bolded no thats not mature im talking about , thats just a bloody anime (but i know that the guys who made it made Cowboy Bebop correct?)

Detective conan is pretty long i alreadt saw more than 100 episodes. and got tired of it.

No I understand, it's just idk why you didn't consider Trigun. If you mean serious animes, yes Trigun is to an extent. It has some dumb humor, but it's still a awesome anime.

As for the others, I just wanted to give you some of my personal favorites. I would have suggested Monster or Cowboy Bebop, but u saw them. But I got the impression you wanted stuff that showed language or something like that, cause a lot of people don't like it if it doesn't. The one's I gave you are not in the category, but they are good, so I hope you give them a try.

But I hope you enjoy Trigun. It's like 25 episodes, not that long. But the manga is VERY different. So if you like the anime, maybe try reading it.

DivinityFire said:
Severance said:
DivinityFire said:
Severance said:

No I understand, it's just idk why you didn't consider Trigun. If you mean serious animes, yes Trigun is to an extent. It has some dumb humor, but it's still a awesome anime.

As for the others, I just wanted to give you some of my personal favorites. I would have suggested Monster or Cowboy Bebop, but u saw them. But I got the impression you wanted stuff that showed language or something like that, cause a lot of people don't like it if it doesn't. The one's I gave you are not in the category, but they are good, so I hope you give them a try.

But I hope you enjoy Trigun. It's like 25 episodes, not that long. But the manga is VERY different. So if you like the anime, maybe try reading it.

thanks ! , i'll watch the anime first. i'll probably read the manga when im at my travels.