X360: 136.000

Hardware total Taiwan (30th August) 

DS: 720.000
PSP: 420.000
PS2: 1.012.000
PS3: 47.000
WII: 0
X360: 102.000

Hardware total Korea andTaiwan (30th August) 

DS: 848.000
PSP: 735.000
PS2: 2.343.000
PS3: 52.000
WII: 0
X360: 238.000

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070927/cedec_02.htm

Around the Network

Ah there it is!

I've been looking for weeks for that list that had Korea and Taiwan #s.

PS2 numbers are wayyyyyyyy lower than I thought they were. All my research showed PS2 was near 2m in Korea alone. I guess the console market in Korea is much weaker than I thought (and shows that the X360 is doing pretty well there, I guess).

ioi might need to increase his other #s. Other's were at 423k at a similar time - I am unsure to believe that Korea and Taiwan account for 60% of other sales (what about HK, SA, Mideast, China, India, and such?)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I belive these numbers came from Konami (or another Japanese dev company) during the conference presentation. The picture were taken from their slide show. PS2 numbers were low because these numbers are "official" numbers. Sony didn't officially released PS2 in Taiwan until quite late of PS2's life cycle. Retail stores in Taiwan imported the consoles directly from Japan if they are not officially released. For example, Nintendo has not yet officially released Wii in Taiwan, but Wii is extremely popular there.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

I find it hard to believe that Korea sales for PS3 are THAT low. I think it might actually be 50,000. It was a Koei presentation, and they misplaced a digit for the DS sales in America giving it only 10% of it's actual sales.

I think its the Total Numbers for the last 12 Months  .

Around the Network

Those DS numbers are quite different from the ones that we got recently in this article.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8920/1/South_Korean_Wii_Plans_Outlined,_Plus_More_DS_Success

Unless those numbers are from a lot earlier than August.

@Koffieboon
I opened a thread about that article :
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=9309

I think that was Nintendo of Korea who gave that information to Cube3d so 520K units are SOLD TO REATILERS.
However in that thread I added an article wrote by Korean Times ( date : 9 / 4/ 2007 ) that say that 360K PSP were sold in Korea and about 300K DS.

I wonder who is the track firm that cover Korean ( and taiwanese ) market ?

I think it's strange that there isn't any source ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

The PS3 launched in July there. So 5k in Korea in 1.5 months isn't that bad. Not good.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
The PS3 launched in July there. So 5k in Korea in 1.5 months isn't that bad. Not good.

I don't know, doesn't the launch account for a large amount of sales, or is that not the case in Korea? Because with the 360 at 130,000, the difference in the two is staggering even given the short time since launch. 

What I find surprising is the PSP beating 2-1 the DS in Korea .What a strange market !