By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII - Best soundtrack in a long time?

Best soundtrack in a long time? Yes.
Best FF soundtrack? No.
You can't beat Nobuo Uematsu. Sorry.

Around the Network

@ Dobby985

Or rather, you can't beat "The Man With The Machine Gun"

It going to be REALLY hard for FF13 to have a song as EPIC as this (let alone better).

dobby985 said:
Best FF soundtrack? No.

OMG DOBBY I'm going to agree with you....that means your actually correct for the first time everrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Yeah its impossible to beat FF6...but its possible to beat nobuo uematsu, I have no doubts FF13's soundtrack will be better than FF1 & FF2's....probably better than FF8's too

FF8's soundtrack had the 2nd best FF battle theme ever though!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
Best FF soundtrack? No.

OMG DOBBY I'm going to agree with you....that means your actually correct for the first time everrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Yeah its impossible to beat FF6...but its possible to beat nobuo uematsu, I have no doubts FF13's soundtrack will be better than FF1 & FF2's....probably better than FF8's too

IMO Nobuo Uematsu is overrated. He has made some amazing music (Man With The Machine Gun and FFX's opening theme song for example) but I feel Yasunori Mitsuda (the person who composed the music for Chrono Trigger and Xenogears) is FAR better.

g-value said:

@ Dobby985

Or rather, you can't beat "The Man With The Machine Gun"

It going to be REALLY hard for FF13 to have a song as EPIC as this (let alone better).

wow now i really feel like playing FF VIII again... I wanna see Squall and Rinoa fall in love ;)

thanks for the input g-value

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Around the Network
g-value said:
darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
Best FF soundtrack? No.

lol

IMO Nobuo Uematsu is overrated. He has made some amazing music (Man With The Machine Gun and FFX's opening theme song for example) but I feel Yasunori Mitsuda (the person who composed the music for Chrono Trigger and Xenogears) is FAR better.

Actually I think that was made by Masashi Hamauzu......FF13's music director

Hamauzu actually gave some of FF10's best tracks

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

WE have to defeat Kefka NOWWWWWWWW

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Damn rapidshare....
OK, download is complete, let's see what the fuss is about XD

darthdevidem01 said:
g-value said:
darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
Best FF soundtrack? No.

lol

Really? I feel out of all the FF games, FFX had the best music. That gaves me even more reason to believe that FF13 will have the best music ever heard within the FF series

darthdevidem01 said:
g-value said:
darthdevidem01 said:
dobby985 said:
Best FF soundtrack? No.

lol

You mean "Zanarkand"? No, that was composed by Uematsu.
See here:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_of_Final_Fantasy_X#Final_Fantasy_X_Original_Soundtrack
Click "show" to view the tracks and who composed each track.