By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII - Best soundtrack in a long time?

This song is AMAZING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwAN90MKTo

Best Chocobo theme of any FF game. FF13's music is excellent so far. To bad the main theme of the game sucks donkey balls.

Around the Network

This is one of the best songs Hamauzu did for FFX:

And compare the 1st Unlimited Saga Battle theme to FFXIII's:

You'll notice some similarities. Both are superb battle themes.

(^^)v

The OSTs to Saga Frontier II and Unlimited Saga are recommended if you wanna try out some of his music. (Get them at www.gamemp3s.net)

He also did the whole FFX Piano collection rearranging the selected songs for the piano.

Looking forward to: FF Versus XIII / LBP2 / The Last Guardian / Yakuza 4 / ICO Collection

As I said in another FF13 thread, I like and respect this game, even if I won't play it because it is not in wii, it is easily the best game that will release this gen ( that's right, the best, sorry Mario & Link) and the music is beautifull

RageBot said:
No, it won't be better than any of the big 32-bit gen JRPGs, it may be better than 90% of the DVD gen's soundtracks.

No, people tend to think old games soundtrack in shitty quality was better than the ones today. Old games had catchy tunes and that is one of the reasons people remember them more. A catchy tune doesnt mean its good music, and this is one of the reasons people hate FF12, it doesnt have catchy tunes but the music is amazing.

Also, Shadow of the colossus OST blows anything in 32 bit gen games.

Soriku said:
So far I like the battle theme (can't tell if it's my favorite, second, or third favorite normal battle theme...) and the chocobo song (favorite or second favorite chocobo theme). Not a fan of the rest. But two good songs so far is good.

Best soundtrack since FF VI? There's a lot of better soundtracks since then...and there'll be a lot of better soundtracks especially from last gen that will sound better than FF XIII's.

I hope Tales of Symphonia isn't one of them.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
g-value said:
Soriku said:
So far I like the battle theme (can't tell if it's my favorite, second, or third favorite normal battle theme...) and the chocobo song (favorite or second favorite chocobo theme). Not a fan of the rest. But two good songs so far is good.

Best soundtrack since FF VI? There's a lot of better soundtracks since then...and there'll be a lot of better soundtracks especially from last gen that will sound better than FF XIII's.

It definitely can! :) But ToS isn't my favorite soundtrack. My absolute top favorites are both Baten Kaitos games, Persona 4, the KH games, and ToS behind them (well, ToS is behind KH2, not KH1). And there's no way FF XIII will beat TWEWY which is my favorite soundtrack in a game.

Fantasia alla Marcha from KH2 must be one of the best peices Ive found on videogames.

Soriku said:
pastro243 said:
Soriku said:
g-value said:
Soriku said:

It definitely can! :) But ToS isn't my favorite soundtrack. My absolute top favorites are both Baten Kaitos games, Persona 4, the KH games, and ToS behind them (well, ToS is behind KH2, not KH1). And there's no way FF XIII will beat TWEWY which is my favorite soundtrack in a game.

Fantasia alla Marcha from KH2 must be one of the best peices Ive found on videogames.

Some of my favorites are Vim and Vigor, Rowdy Rumble, 13th Struggle, 13th Dilemma, Dearly Beloved, Night of Fate, the Hollow Bastion theme in the first game, the KH version of One Winged Angel, Destati, Traverse Town music, Fate of the Unknown, Simple and Clean...

You can't really beat KH music so easily.

Mine added to the one I mentioned before are passion and hikari in the orchesta version(I dont really like the original ones), lazy afternoons, Kairi, March Caprice, Roxas, the afternoon streets, Sunset Horizons, and well many more actually(there are like a hundred songs for both games)

I love the strong piano in the fight scenes and the nostalgia many songs evoke(dont know if this is the word). I really think its one of the best soundtracks in gaming, the only thing I would ask is more elaboration and less arcady sound in some songs and the OST would be perfect.

gustave154 said:

WE have to defeat Kefka NOWWWWWWWW

Whoa, whoa, whoa... We can't be throwing boss themes around without including the best one

Since Chrono Trigger

I remember doing projects on my computer while the songs in the site are playing. Love what they did to the battle theme. The piano version was beautiful!