By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 3 months slim Sale > 8 months PS3 for 2009

So, PS3 is DOOMED because of the slim?

Around the Network

Sony said they plan on selling 13 million ps3's fiscal 09, so I'm pretty sure they are ready and prepared to meet demand, I'll be surprised if they start to run out of stock.

13 million is quit hard to achieve... we shall see if sony might reach their goal.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

kowenicki said:
cgkc17 said:
possible? its all but confirmed at this point. I can see sony easily selling 2.5-3 million consoles this december. which only leaves 1-1.5 million more units sony needs to sell by end of march.

if sony can keep up with demand, i wouldn't be surprised if they beat their expectations by a cool million units or so.

check your maths

he used the number from first 8 months of 2009 in the OP instead of numbers from April-Augst.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

@kowenicki

Actually is 6.7 million from week end April 5.

And Sony counts Shiiped, 11-12 million from VGC is equal 13 million from Sony Shipped.

I'll be surprised if PS3 don't reach 13 million by March 31, 2009 with Sony Shipped numbers.

VGChartz Hardware data for the period 05th Apr 2009 to 28th Nov 2009:

Console PS3
Total

Around the Network

SONY will be very close toa 13 million sell through

they may have to stuff the channel a bit

but with FF13 & GOW 3 in march, convincing retailers to "stuff" PS3 won't be hard

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

CGI-Quality said:
darthdevidem01 said:
SONY will be very close toa 13 million sell through

they may have to stuff the channel a bit

but with FF13 & GOW 3 in march, convincing retailers to "stuff" PS3 won't be hard

Nope.

not to mention there is the shadow of a car that could fall in march

The next race could begin in march!!!!!!!!

you know what I'm implying don't you!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It's also the holiday season.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

KoRnster said:
so it might be possible to reach the target sony has, to sell 13 millions consoles in the '09 fiscal year.

Should be easy now!  Since they almost have 9 million sold, they only need around 4 million more.  Heck, they'll easily sell another 2.5+ million before January...meaning they'll have 3 months to sell 1.5 million with FFXIII, GT:5, and GoWIII all most likely coming out during that time frame.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

DragonLord said:
Should be easy now!  Since they almost have 9 million 6.7 million sold, they only need around 4 million 6.3 million more.  Heck, they'll easily sell another 2.5+ million before January...meaning they'll have 3 months to sell 1.5 million 3+ million with FFXIII, GT:5, and GoWIII all most likely coming out during that time frame.

Fixed .

The Sony fiscal year is from April 1 to March 31.