By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Congrats sony,ps3 and ps3 fans gamers and fanboys you deserve it.

Hi all i have not been posting for awhile only observing,and it seems as if i should congratulate sony and it,s legion of fans on the rebirth of the ps3.but it pains me to see some people on either side wishing for the demise of either system when one or the other takes the lead in sales. please remember if it is one thing this GEN has taught us is that this is a flip-flop gen ok?so i will watch microsoft closely starting next year because we all know they will not take this lightly for now just like when the momentum shifts back to xbox 360 sony won,t take it lightly either.so please enjoy this gen as it is probaly one if not the best we have ever witnessed.know what?microsoft is losing money and sony is losing money,BUT we the GAMERS ARE HAVING A BLAST.       game on forever.

Don,t be Fanboys,Be Gamefans,Play games 4ever...GAME ON(msn)

Around the Network

Actually, Microsoft hasnt been losing money (on 360) for 2+ years...

But yeah, for the whole generation, both have lost money, although Sony has lost much more.

welcome young man.

And no, you is wrong. PS3 is the future, now B_E_L_I_E_V_E

It's just cyclical, PS3 took it's lumps in late 2008-late 2009. Now 360 is taking some lumps, but will rise again in 2010 (Natal, Reach, price cuts, etc.)

NO, B_E_L_I_E_V_E!!!!

Around the Network

thank u

i think that this will be the last flip flop for the ps3 and 360 for the remaining part of the gen

360 should be priced at 149 249 next year and ps3 at 249 or maybe stay the same 299$ even if the ps3 stays the same, end 2007-2008 showed us that at around a 150$ price diff the ps3 was still able to outsell the 360 weekly WW

if 360 goes to 99 199 next year then it will be diff story i dont see that happening though

Play Me

kowenicki said:
zeewap said:

But yeah, for the whole generation, both have lost money, although Sony has lost much more.

first part... no

second part... yes

? Isn't the first part true? Haven't they posted profits for the last two years?

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
zeewap said:

first part... no

second part... yes

? Isn't the first part true? Haven't they posted profits for the last two years?

didnt think it was that long...  i was thinking 18 months.  perhaps not... oh i dunno! lol

Oh yes, i think you're right, the latest financial report was only part of the fiscal year.

kowenicki said:
zeewap said:

first part... no

second part... yes

Umm, yes. Microsoft (division gaming is in) has been profitable the last two fiscal years and one quarter (at least). http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/20346/Xbox-Division-Records-Second-Profitable-Year-in-a-Row/

The one quarter from June 30-Sep30 09 that isn't reported their was also a profit, thats why I say 2 years and one quarter (at least, I dont know about prior quarters, fair to say the previous fiscal year surely wasnt profitable, otherwise Gamespot would have reported 3 years in a row).

For the 360 the market is near saturation; 360 owners now buying PS3. MS response is Natal. Unfortunately, Wii hasn't plateaued.