By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Avatar: The Game could be a suprise hit with its 3D graphics

I was just searching on it and found James Cameron himself was co-operating with Ubisoft to make the game of the movie as good.

Also it is a Prequel to the movie's storyline so we aren't playing the same thing as seen in movie.

And it has 3D graphics which can be atleast viewed on a 3d PC.There is also 3D support for Television but it will not be seen in the Console version as they don't support 3D graphics.

For the PS3,it will be enabled next year as Sony is about to release 3D TV's and a 3D patch for PS3 to play 3D game.No word on 360's version.

Around the Network

isn't it already in 3-D?
it doesn't care anyways the game is mediocre.

Its teh X-wing bird! Looks pretty mediocre. Actually I think on PC you could make just about every 3D game to support 3D. Its usually just matter of changing/editing dynamically linked libs, which can be done without knowing anything about main program.

PullusPardus said:
isn't it already in 3-D?
it doesn't care anyways the game is mediocre.

the game is already 3D for both consoles and PC.But the hardware system should support it and you should have 3d monitor or TV to vew it.

In consoles,it isn't supported even with a 3d TV cause the hardware isn't compatible.But PS3 can be enabled for 3D games by a firmware update according to Sony.They will provide this firmware when they release their 3DTV's ext year in October.

it is crap ...

let's hope the movie is good ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Deneidez said:
Its teh X-wing bird! Looks pretty mediocre. Actually I think on PC you could make just about every 3D game to support 3D. Its usually just matter of changing/editing dynamically linked libs, which can be done without knowing anything about main program.

Yeah Nvidia can do the 3D hack on the driver level, but it doesn't always work. Especially with effects like fog and stuff like that.

Anyway, 3D TVs are probably going to be freaking expensive for quite a while. And you also need the shutter glasses. I think 3D will face a much slower adoption curve than HD has.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Deneidez said:

Yeah Nvidia can do the 3D hack on the driver level, but it doesn't always work. Especially with effects like fog and stuff like that.

Anyway, 3D TVs are probably going to be freaking expensive for quite a while. And you also need the shutter glasses. I think 3D will face a much steeper adoption curve than HD has.

What do you mean "3D TVs"?

Slimebeast said:
NJ5 said:
Deneidez said:

Anyway, 3D TVs are probably going to be freaking expensive for quite a while. And you also need the shutter glasses. I think 3D will face a much steeper adoption curve than HD has.

The ones that can take a 120 Hz input and display it correctly. I think that should be enough (usually these TVs say 3D-ready or something similar).

Not all 120 Hz TVs can do 3D btw. Some of them aren't really taking a 120 Hz input, just making up frames in between the 60 Hz input.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Slimebeast said:
NJ5 said:
Deneidez said:

The ones that can take a 120 Hz input and display it correctly. I think that should be enough (usually these TVs say 3D-ready or something similar).

Not all 120 Hz TVs can do 3D btw. Some of them aren't really taking a 120 Hz input, just making up frames in between the 60 Hz input.

Are they really that expensive though? I thought most TVs nowadays could do 120Hz.

don't know about 3DTV's but if you know know about them

Can you tell me if a true 120hz TV selling today can display 3d?If it is this then why is Sony saying will unveil their 3D TV's next year when their bravia's can already project 120hz and more