By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Now we are 'everyone's favorite sales site' ??

Okay, what the hell just happened here,

wii, 360 still toppling PS3 in United States

Latest estimates are in

According to the latest estimated figures from everyone's favourite sales site, VGChartz, the PlayStation 3's price-drop has helped sales of the system in United States - but Sony's console is still being massively outsold by its two rivals.

The site claims that more than 144,000 Wiis were sold in the last recorded week, with the Xbox 360 just behind on around 139,000.

In stark contrast, just 43,000 PS3s were shifted in the same period - although that is a rise of around 17,000 based upon last week's estimates.

The new low-spec 40GB PS3 launches in North America on November 2nd, with analysts predicting that sales should rise again during the pre-Christmas rush. We'll be keeping our eye on the situation over the coming months.

woot loL!

edit : o yea, its from Jolt 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Maybe it's because this is the most accurate place, and it provides great data tools (graphs) and has weekly software sales. i haven't found that anywhere else

add me

sweet! well it certainly is my one and only favorite.

Cool

Proud to be a part of it....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Such a shame many many visitors will be put off by either the site taking hours to open or not being available at all!

Around the Network

What? This site is everybody's favourite now?

Guess I've gotta go somewhere else if I want to be cool and edgy now. VGChartz, when did The Man get to you?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@ Soriku, and it's quite good that it randomly stops working cause then it forces me to get back to my prep!

add me

This is totally my favorte gaming site, if it only could work all the time :/

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

@munkeh

same here..lol

I'm finishing of a part of my maths coursework everytime it says unable to connect to server..or while it loads

THIS is actually beneficial to me academically

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

VGChartz is quite awesome for worldwide hardware install base. Whatever sources and statistical analysis/formulas ioi uses are quite good.

The software still has quite a ways to go, but it's the only place trying right now for NA, so we get automatic limelight. I hope we get better as time goes on.