By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When game "journalists" have their trolling exposed.

mike_intellivision said:
Almost anything PC World's Matt Peckham writes about the Wii borders on trolling.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/187035/yes_reggie_wii_netflix_without_hd_is_a_problem.html
http://www.pcworld.com/article/186811/netflix_on_wii_wont_challenge_microsoft_sony.html
These two are complaining about the lack of HD for Netflix on Wii.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/184727/study_wii_has_little_effect_on_family_fitness.html
A Wii Fit does not work citation (without citation -- see comment)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/183423/holiday_wii_sales_rise_or_fall_flip_a_coin_mario.html
Sales off Nintendo being off on Black Friday.

Mike from Morgantown

I have grown to dislike this man and his face intently.

Around the Network

There was a time when Peckham wrote almost constantly bad things about the Wii.
Quite frankly, compared to previous stuff, the last time on there is almost objective.
That is how bad the situation is.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Updated.

Don't know how to embed that youtube vid - hope it shows up eventually.

Yay! Vid is up! Check it out!

Yo Ken, great thread man. Glad your keeping it alive!

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

They do this because they are unprofessional. I understand most hardcore gamers dislike i the Wii because it doesn't have the game library the HD twins do, myself included, but they distort facts not because they have a secret mission but simply because they don't know about better ways to vent their frustration.

im_sneaky said:
They do this because they are unprofessional. I understand most hardcore gamers dislike i the Wii because it doesn't have the game library the HD twins do, myself included, but they distort facts not because they have a secret mission but simply because they don't know about better ways to vent their frustration.

They don't know any better ways to vent thier frustration...so they troll the wii?

How about they have interviews with developers/publishers asking why they think their game didn't sell? How about they highlight some of the best third-party wii games in an attempt to get them to sell? How about they actually do some fuckin' research about upcoming wii games and tell us about them? How about they interview HD exclusive developers and ask why they're not developing for the wii, in the same manner that they do for wii exclusive developers? How about they write some articles on how to actually sell to the expanded audience? How about they write some articles on the niche japanese games the wii always get but don't get enough publicity? Games like Tales of Graces, Arc Rise Fantasia, Fragile....etc. No, they'd rather just troll the wii because it's easier.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Very impressive thread.

Everyone has pretty much exposed all I was going to.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

Kenology said:
Updated.

Don't know how to embed that youtube vid - hope it shows up eventually.

Pretty much the worst example right there. Gamasutra is an industry developers publication, so arguably it shouldn't be stocked with fanboy bias, but there you go.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.