By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 10. 0 Review for Super Mario Galaxy

For me a non wii owner, the game does not bring anything new to this type of game, but it is very good at what it does. You don't need something totally different with each game aslong as it increase the greatness of this type of game in general. The different outfits, the sphere worlds have all been done before. But this game does them pretty much better then anyone else.

Around the Network

I rly want Mario Galaxy!!!
Can it be game of the year?

twesterm said:
NightStalker said:
Not to be a douche, but I believe it deserves to be said: Super Mario Sunshine got plenty of 10s too, but it seems that some(or many) didn't like it much. Anyway, the point is the reviews with a Mario game don't mean much because you know they will be high, and you know the game will sell millions. FF is in this same boat. How many of you liked FFXII even with all its great reviews?

Despite what people say Super MarioSunshine was actually a really good game, it just wasn't your typical Mario game. Most of the people that complain about the game never actually played it and are just in general sheep.

well I have only played a few minutes of it b/c I don't own a gamecube, so I am just going on what I have heard. Galaxy looks really good, though, and I plan to get it when I pick up a Wii. Not sure when that will be.

There's some interesting spoilers of Mario Galaxy floating around pertaining to the reward of collecting 120 stars, can a mod start a spoiler thread somewhere?

Edit: Sorry, forget to block that line out... though I don't think it's really spoiler 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

10/10s are given too lightly these days, I said it in the Ratchet and Clank threads and I'll say it here. i don't like reviews that aren't out of 100% really, and I hate how light reviews have become. I can't even think of a reason as to why this is happening. Although I haven't played it yet, I think it will not be a 100% game, it will be great yes and I'll love it, but not 100%.

And I liked Sunshine, I think it's become "cool" to dislike it. I reckon people think it makes them seem like a Mario elitist or something when they say they hate it.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
For me a non wii owner, the game does not bring anything new to this type of game, but it is very good at what it does. You don't need something totally different with each game aslong as it increase the greatness of this type of game in general. The different outfits, the sphere worlds have all been done before. But this game does them pretty much better then anyone else.

Wow - wasn't it you that said the same things in another thread, only to be proven quite wrong?

"game does not bring anything new to this type of game"

So much about the game is not only new, but has *never* been done before in any game - that is why we are so excited. The gravity effects, multiple spheroids, instant camera controls (you have *no* control over the camera - and don't need it!), two player (simulatanous) control, the way you "collect" particles and can fire them off - while playing.

There has never been a platformer like this - ever. Its to the platforming genre, what Super Mario 64 was - a real revolution.

Go ahead and prove yourself if you want to make statements like this. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

takkxyz said:

There's some interesting spoilers of Mario Galaxy floating around pertaining to the reward of collecting 120 stars, can a mod start a spoiler thread somewhere?

Edit: Sorry, forget to block that line out... though I don't think it's really spoiler

You or someone else are free to start a spoiler thread as long as it says SPOILERS in the title and obviously doesn't spoil anything in the title itself...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

NightStalker, what is wrong with your time? Shouldn't we all have the same time on this website, or the posts be chronological in a practical sense? o_O

Until it's 00:32, all posts will appear to be posted before yours, when you posted that awhile ago..

I played the demo today, and it seems pretty fucking epic. I did the manta ray race, and some level with moving platforms that was pretty rad. The kid before me fought that one boss with all the bullets at the beginning from the early trailers. Soooooo good. So amazing. I can't describe how much pleasure I derived from simply walking up walls and around planets. That concept alone makes it the best platformer ever. Everything else is icing on the cake.

P.S. Cake joke.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Obligatory: The cake is a lie

On-Topic: Anyone seen my suggestion yet?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA