By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales (11/23 - 11/29)

kopstudent89 said:

wow PS3 does well, so does Wii. Last year same week:

Wii around 46000
PS3 around 35000
http://www.vgchartz.com/jweekly.php?date=39782&console=&maker=&boxartz=1#

Wow Wii doing almost same numbers without any software, PS3 outperforming again without software too!

And the week after the one i mentioned, the Wii did 55K without software, so i'd imagine that next week if no software was released, the Wii would do 50K. That could give us an idea abt the upcoming boost of SW3 and NSMB :)

And yeah DS is a beast!

I beleive Winning Eleven 09 was reased that week last year and PS3 got up to 35k.  This time, it's two weeks with no software releases and it's higher.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:
kopstudent89 said:

wow PS3 does well, so does Wii. Last year same week:

Wii around 46000
PS3 around 35000
http://www.vgchartz.com/jweekly.php?date=39782&console=&maker=&boxartz=1#

Wow Wii doing almost same numbers without any software, PS3 outperforming again without software too!

And the week after the one i mentioned, the Wii did 55K without software, so i'd imagine that next week if no software was released, the Wii would do 50K. That could give us an idea abt the upcoming boost of SW3 and NSMB :)

And yeah DS is a beast!

I beleive Winning Eleven 09 was reased that week last year and PS3 got up to 35k.  This time, it's two weeks with no software releases and it's higher.

Yup thats what i said. Plus PS3 numbers the following week decreased to 28k, and i dont think PS3 numbers next week will decline, so it shows how much the PS3 has improved. It has gathered alot of momentum before FF13 week, and i cant see it doing below 150k that week, im even betting it will do 200k with FF13

If these numbers are correct, then the Japan preview was low on the PS3 numbers again. I guess PS3 numbers are hard to predict now since it is selling good even without any new releases.

I think it's about time Nintendo titles domiated again, they deserve to be ahead. Nice to see Wii high once again, and with NSMBWii I beleive it will top 100,000.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Every week the PS3 increases the odds it will reach 5 million units before the Wii hits 10 millions !

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
dragonmagician said:
If these numbers are correct, then the Japan preview was low on the PS3 numbers again. I guess PS3 numbers are hard to predict now since it is selling good even without any new releases.

Japan Preview is good for software only.. as the hardware is only guestimate rather than any estimate based on any data.. So it shouldn't be expected to be 100% accurate.. but considering its only a guess work based on software movement, i think they do pretty good.

Once again, Japan preview inflates Wii sales and underestimates PS3. This is like...what...10 weeks in a row now that this has happened? Why even have a JP?

1Ail said:
Every week the PS3 increases the odds it will reach 5 million units before the Wii hits 10 millions !

Wii will reach 60 million before ps3 reaches 30 million though.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:
 1Ail said:

Wii will reach 60 million before ps3 reaches 30 million though.

Thank you, captain obvious. We're actually watching a race. PS3 and Wii are now neck-at-neck in Japan. You missed the point.

saicho said:
ZorroX said:

Media Create (11/16 - 11/22)
07. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 24,000 / 291,000
Famitsu Sales (11/16 - 11/22)
09. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010 (Konami) - 21,000 / 304,000

Famitsu Sales (11/23 - 11/29)
08. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010

Legs.

Is this really something worth pointing out when Wii Fit Plus is on the chart longer and above it?

Different games on different consoles have different standards. Who'd a thunk it?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.