By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - L4D2 sells over 2 millions at retail, not counting Steam sales

I wonder if they will become jackasses and charge for the DLC on the PC.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network

Probably not, it was m$ who forced them to do that in the first place.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

So, 1.08 million on the 360, must mean a similar number on the PC, plus all the Steam sales. Who said PC gaming was dead?

Mudface said:
So, 1.08 million on the 360, must mean a similar number on the PC, plus all the Steam sales. Who said PC gaming was dead?

I'd argue that the PC version probably sold more on Steam than in retail. Since L4D2 is basically a Steam game and a multiplayer game, almost exclusively, the people who would play it are the ones with good connections, enabling better use of DD. So if I had to guess, PC sales were ddefinitely higher than the 360 ones. I'd estimate that with a title like L4D2 that maybe 50% of the PC sales were digital downloads, maybe more, but I have no data to back it up, just a guess.

noname2200 said:
Strategyking92 said:
err, I do not want to know the terrible problems valve to going to have with free updates for the xbox version.

Assuming I take your comment correctly, I believe the problem is that Microsoft's policies won't let them (or any other company) give out free upgrades via Live. At least, that's what I remember reading.

Really? I heard the issue was that Valve wanted achievements on the DLC and Microsoft doesn't allow free DLC to have achievements, so they were forced to charge for it.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Left 4 dead 2 seems to be an awesome game, and since I'm a fan of Valve I'm glad for every copy they sell, because then they'll keep putting out new awesome games.

This is invisible text!

errr I see plenty of payable DLC on steam .... that actually worries me...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Sheesh, gone are the days when you would buy a game, know exactly what you're getting, and be done with it. These days, people are screaming for DLC, and some complain about paying for it. This is silly to me, most DLC is post-production, and costs money (albeit low amounts of money compared to during actual production of the game). Not to mention updates to fix bugs, exploits, etc. Who cares if you're paying $7 or $10 for some good extra content? Isn't it worth it?

MS is one of the 'best' businesses out there, of course they're going to charge for something they can make good money off of, any large/good company should. I would be disappointed in them if they didn't. That being said, L4D2 is more of a PC game to me. I play MW1+2 and Halo 3 and whatever else on the Xbox, but there's something about L4D that feels wrong on a console.

L4D2 is one of my 'happiest' game purchases this year. L4D2, NSMBW (that I'm getting soon), and MW2 will keep my busy even during the craziness that is 2010.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93972

dupe thread, please lock.