By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii at 35 million worldwide XBOX 360 at 29 million Jan 1st 2009

With a price cut next year for XBOX 360 and that $299 for a premium sweet spot is reached and the $240 arcade core 360,and $399 ELITE and the $450 HDDVD 360 sales will keep pace with the wii(kinda)

the wii when it gets its first price cut putting it at a cool $199 plus pack in, it will sell upwards of 3 million in december 2008 alone in the U.S. the xbox 360 with next holidays price cut will sell even better than this holiday's 1.9 million december for the U.S. -XBOX 360 december 2008 will be 2.7 million(wii decmber 2007 1.7 million do to just flat out running out of wii's to sell)

Europe and Japan and others will be why the wii is about 6 million ahead of the 360 worldwide jan 1st 2009

I want to see how very close my prediction is

Around the Network

those are very high predictions, least for 360....

i dont see wii and 360 that close

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

No it wont, 360 did well with Halo3 but it has nothing that big next year. 21/23 million maybe if it has a strong 08 holiday sales.

Europe and Japan and others is why wii will easily be +10 million ahead of 360 by Jan1 09

WAY too low.

Wii will be closer to 60 million next year and I don't know about XBox 360 even smelling that 29 million.

Maybe 20 million.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

-duplicate post-

-technical error- 

delete. 

Around the Network

60 million? You've got to smoking some rock if you truly believe Nintendo has the capacity to even produce that many Wii's in the next 14 months.

I say... Jan. 1st 2009... around 40 millions for Wii and Xbox on 25 millions.

I agree with Kain. I think the gap will be larger than 6 million. Won't know for a year though ^^

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

white devil said:
60 million? You've got to smoking some rock if you truly believe Nintendo has the capacity to even produce that many Wii's in the next 14 months.

Ah. That's what they said back this March when I said Wii will easily pass the 20 million barrier.

Obviously he doesn't know my history here.

John Lucas 

I see Wii hitting 50 mill by end of '08. 360 should at least pass 25 mill by then.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.