By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
lestatdark said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
CGI-Quality said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Its funny how people think GT5 will rock...its just an add-on to Prologue
Pathetic...

Sarcasm?

Also, this is the Official Thread, not exactly the place to bash the game, IF you're serious.

What do you know CGI-Quality...what do you know...

Try not to derail an official thread, we have enough of that crap on non-official threads, especially when it comes to GT5.

If you're being sarcastic then be so, if not then please kindly leave. 

Youre always harsh on me

I was just being sarcastic,but its a little late for that isnt it...you've already hurt my feelings

I'm sorry if I was a bit too harsh then ;)

It's just that we always see so many GT bashing in this site, sometimes it makes me extremely mad >_<

So far the only safe haven to discuss GT related thread in this site is this official thread, but something tells me that as the game gets closer to release, someone *cough*Sel...*cough* will throw his GT tantrum threads once again. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
lestatdark said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
CGI-Quality said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Pathetic...

Sarcasm?

Also, this is the Official Thread, not exactly the place to bash the game, IF you're serious.

Try not to derail an official thread, we have enough of that crap on non-official threads, especially when it comes to GT5.

Youre always harsh on me

I was just being sarcastic,but its a little late for that isnt it...you've already hurt my feelings

It's just that we always see so many GT bashing in this site, sometimes it makes me extremely mad >_<

So far the only safe haven to discuss GT related thread in this site is this official thread, but something tells me that as the game gets closer to release, someone *cough*Sel...*cough* will throw his GT tantrum threads once again. 

Thats what they always say...same old excuse,blame it on Selnor...

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
lestatdark said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
lestatdark said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
CGI-Quality said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
Pathetic...

Sarcasm?

Youre always harsh on me

Thats what they always say...same old excuse,blame it on Selnor...

As long as he doesn't try to downplay GT like he always tries to do, he's a real good guy, i've had some good conversations with him ;)

Back OT - GT5 FTW xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Here is a side by side of GT5 and GT5:P at Fuji. You can see the lighting is better and the cars look alot sharper.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http://www.youtube.com/v/JXbWjS5rS3Y&start1=0&video2=http://www.youtube.com/v/1F_VLovjpMI&start2=20

Just give me GT5 already. I can't take anymore of these videos.

Around the Network

- first look at 2 minutes how the blue car makes the player car going off road because he pushed him

- look how this blue car was stupid enought to continue at full speed while he should have slowdown BEFORE hiting the guy if the AI was good

Time to Work !

Oniichan said:
Here is a side by side of GT5 and GT5:P at Fuji. You can see the lighting is better and the cars look alot sharper.

http://www.youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http://www.youtube.com/v/JXbWjS5rS3Y&start1=0&video2=http://www.youtube.com/v/1F_VLovjpMI&start2=20

WOW definetely a difference, definetely!!!!

@CGI

Thats amazing too!

It just shows PD weren't twiddling their thumbs for 4 years, they worked hard to get this top quality game to us!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wow...The detail on this game is absurd, even on the Car Select screen!!!!!!! O___O

Yeah, I found kinda odd that the blue car did bump the player without any consideration, also one thing I noticed was that he was only racing against 8 cars instead of the usual 16 cars, probably there will be an option to choose the number of cars you want to race against, but since this demo was locked at 2:30 minutes, maybe it was locked to no damage, less skilled AI and 8 cars only

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:

Wow...The detail on this game is absurd, even on the Car Select screen!!!!!!! O___O

Yeah, I found kinda odd that the blue car did bump the player without any consideration, also one thing I noticed was that he was only racing against 8 cars instead of the usual 16 cars, probably there will be an option to choose the number of cars you want to race against, but since this demo was locked at 2:30 minutes, maybe it was locked to no damage, less skilled AI and 8 cars only

well, the only thing I can imagine is that he used the brakes TOO late for the IA to take another direction ...

or that the IA is still "shit"

Time to Work !

libellule said:
lestatdark said:

well, the only thing I can imagine is that he used the brakes TOO late for the IA to take another direction ...

or that the IA is still "shit"

Nah, probably they have the A.I locked at very easy or something like that, developers tend to use that in public demo's, to allow everyone just to pick up the game and have a good feel for it.

In GT5:P, when driving at professional realism, the A.I was very careful with braking timings and these big bumps aren't frequent (except if you bump them yourself). I guess that professional realism in GT5, coupled with damage, will have the A.I much more careful than it was in GT5:P.

Or it could be a tactic for the A.I to gain advantage over you, I wouldn't be surprised if they implemented something like this, even in real DTM, WTCC and other car competitions, drivers use those kind of strategies to overlap or throw out the competition.

Either way, I hope that we see more of the A.I in each new video that comes out, especially when the game releases in Japan. 

Current PC Build