By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

omg, what an official threac Darth !!

you have all my respect, it is really nice

also, where did u get the track list ?

Time to Work !

Around the Network

1 - High Speed Ring - classic GT track, quite amazing.
2 - Nurburgring - ultra speed and loads of turns!
3 - Swiss Alps - awesome wide rally track.
4 - Grand Canyon - beautiful and twisting!
5 - El Captain - simply I like this course!

P.S. Amazing thread! =)

Why does everyone like the Nurburgring >_> it's so annoying.

libellule said:
omg, what an official threac Darth !!

you have all my respect, it is really nice

also, where did u get the track list ?

thanks I was waiting for you to post since your a big fan

the TRACK LIST is a "RUMOR" as it was leaked

@okedokey

as its AMAZING

@all

just back from school, I'll be updating the scores now

after a quick glance I think nurburgring & grand Canyon are doing very well!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Ok Nurburgring is JUST ahead of Grand Canyon so far while suzuka is right behind grand canyone

they are the top 3 right now

VERy disappointed in the "love" High SPeed Ring is getting lol

@lestatdark

I know people LOVE Laguna Seca for the corkscrew, but I hate it for that reason, I could be first in a race on Laguna Seca for the whole lap & then the corkscrew always runied the whole race for me!!!!

Around the Network

IT IS A NICE CORNER

@Darth

The corkscrew is very tricky indeed, the trick to take it properly and with some high speed is to set up your braking point just to the top of the hill prior to the the end of the straight before the screw and then hitting the first curbe from outside to the inside and then hitting the next one in the most linear shape as possible.

With that I could even hit the screw at 100 km/h with my Minolta XD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

1. Nurburgring
2. London
3. Laguna Seca
4. Suzuka
5. Fuji

London is my favorite GT5P track.

Stunning visual and I just love city tracks lol.

lestatdark said:
@Darth

The corkscrew is very tricky indeed, the trick to take it properly and with some high speed is to set up your braking point just to the top of the hill prior to the the end of the straight before the screw and then hitting the first curbe from outside to the inside and then hitting the next one in the most linear shape as possible.

With that I could even hit the screw at 100 km/h with my Minolta XD

I've tried & tried

my dad is a PRO at the turn, in fact I drive better than him UNTIL the corkscrew, so whenever we used to have a race on Laguna Seca, I used to do the track till the corkscrew, he's tried to teach me, but I always go wrong!

SCORES updated, nurburgring has a commanding lead now!

I really like the screw, it's my favourite overlapping turn in the entire track xD I didn't use Laguna Seca much in competitive VS play, but I did use the Nurb :P

I remember one time, I was racing on a SLR - Mclaren and my friend was using an AMG CLK-GTR Race Car, and I still ended up winning the race... I laughed so hard for about half an hour xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"