By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 sales: Is it under-performing after its advantages over GT

-Newcloud- said:
@ironman

Like I said it was my theory as to way it didn't sale as well as it should have or on ones interested in racing sims anymore

Exactly, it was your theory. My point stands.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Aion said:
Sales are great, they definately are not under performing.

Depends on what were you expecting.

Some here said F3 would be the premier sim of this gen, the biggest seler around 7 million.  But afer failing to out do GT5ps opening week they all dissapeared. 

Compared to GT it is severly under performing, compared to all others its doing very well. 

Compared to what most said it's not underperforming. There's already been an argument on here about taking what one person said and using that to lambast the rest. And how do you know it wont be the premier racer this gen? That's subjective.

High majority expected F3 to out do GT5ps first week and it failed thus it underperformed. 

Its sales say its not the premier sim.

Sales never indictate quality. Gameplay does and that is subjective so it could be the premier sim this gen. It is at the moment.

And proof the high majority expected it to out do GT5p first week or you're making another one of those type of comments that caused an argument on here.

As long as it's true it's fine but proof first.

Also if they did expect it to beat GT5p first week and it didn't then it underperformed for them and only them. If you think it underperformed because of that then you must be one of them that expected it to beat GT5p sales.
The rest of us who have more common sense when it comes to how you decide whether a game underperforms or not don't think it did in sales or more importantly gameplay.

Don't hide the truth, majority on here were wrong in the GT vs Forza debate so own up to it.  F3 come out on a 3 times bigger user base then GT5p it was only common sense to think F3 would out sale.  Only GT fans like me knew better and their arent many of them on here. 

God of War
GTA
Batan Dark Asylem (comic book adaptation)
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest
Gears/MGS/Uncharetd
Mario
Halo/COD

They get some of the best reviews and are considered the best of their genre and just happen to sale the best. 

To me a Full Forza game on a +30m user base failing to out sale a $40 demo coming out on 12m PS3 is underperforming, if its not to you then thats ok that your opinion and i accept that.  Let me have mine opinon.

wow @ that gran turismo dominated forza in every way i bet they r just talking about GT5P

Hus said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Aion said:
Sales are great, they definately are not under performing.

Depends on what were you expecting.

Some here said F3 would be the premier sim of this gen, the biggest seler around 7 million.  But afer failing to out do GT5ps opening week they all dissapeared. 

Compared to GT it is severly under performing, compared to all others its doing very well. 

Compared to what most said it's not underperforming. There's already been an argument on here about taking what one person said and using that to lambast the rest. And how do you know it wont be the premier racer this gen? That's subjective.

High majority expected F3 to out do GT5ps first week and it failed thus it underperformed. 

Its sales say its not the premier sim.

Sales never indictate quality. Gameplay does and that is subjective so it could be the premier sim this gen. It is at the moment.

And proof the high majority expected it to out do GT5p first week or you're making another one of those type of comments that caused an argument on here.

As long as it's true it's fine but proof first.

Also if they did expect it to beat GT5p first week and it didn't then it underperformed for them and only them. If you think it underperformed because of that then you must be one of them that expected it to beat GT5p sales.
The rest of us who have more common sense when it comes to how you decide whether a game underperforms or not don't think it did in sales or more importantly gameplay.

Don't hide the truth, majority on here were wrong in the GT vs Forza debate so own up to it.  F3 come out on a 3 times bigger user base then GT5p it was only common sense to think F3 would out sale.  Only GT fans like me knew better and their arent many of them on here. 

God of War
GTA
Batan Dark Asylem (comic book adaptation)
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest
Gears/MGS/Uncharetd
Mario
Halo/COD

They get some of the best reviews and are considered the best of their genre and just happen to sale the best. 

To me a Full Forza game on a +30m user base failing to out sale a $40 demo coming out on 12m PS3 is underperforming, if its not to you then thats ok that your opinion and i accept that.  Let me have mine opinon.

It turns out your word doesn't mean much on here but i'll still humour you.

Own up to it? You saying the majority said something isn't proof as your word apparently is mud here.

There aren't many GT fans on here? You've been looking in the wrong places. They're all in the Forza threads trolling. That is proof you don't know what you're talking about. Tell me as you're a GT fan why do the rest of them troll Forza threads religiously? Bored of the demo? Feel insecure and threatened by it?
Does all this goal post moving you are doing make you feel better? "if I compare this to this it makes GT win" Shame no-one but you is comparing the two. How about comparing the things that matter. Reviews? nope? ok.

How long has the demo been out? And you're comparing total sales for both?
Wow. Like I said goal post + moving = you.
And your word = Mud.

Lord Flashheart said:

Own up to it? I never said Forza would outsell GT. You saying the majority would isn't proof as your word apparently is mud here.

There aren't many GT fans on here? You've been looking in the wrong places. They're all in the Forza threads trolling. That is proof you don't know what you're talking about. Tell me as you're a GT fan why do the rest of them troll Forza threads religiously? Bored of the demo? Feel insecure and threatened by it?
Does all this goal post moving you are doing make you feel better? "if I compare this to this it makes GT win" Shame no-one but you is comparing the two. How about comparing the things that matter. Reviews? nope? ok.

And your word = Mud.

Seeing how wrong most on here were regarding anything PS3, i see all your words as mud. 

Real GT fans this place lacks, the people supposably trolling those Forza threads (just who are they your word is mud to me) if they are doing it they are doing it in revange for 360 fanboys trolling every GT thread ever made on here.

Iam comapring first week bud, just read.  

Your reading ability = lol.

Around the Network
Hus said:
Lord Flashheart said:

Own up to it? I never said Forza would outsell GT. You saying the majority would isn't proof as your word apparently is mud here.

And your word = Mud.

Seeing how wrong most on here were regarding anything PS3, i see all your words as mud. 

Real GT fans this place lacks, the people supposably trolling those Forza threads (just who are they your word is mud to me) if they are doing it they are doing it in revange for 360 fanboys trolling every GT thread ever made on here.

Iam comapring first week bud, just read.  

Your reading ability = lol.

hahahahahaahaha

@Hus

Are you copying me? You are.
that's what children do.

Anyway I haven't said anything about the ps3 only it's fans so my word by your logic is still fine. And you question my reading ability.

Prove that every single GT thread has been trolled by Forza fans. I would love to see how big the scale of their trolling is that it would justify their constant hijacking of Forza threads.

You can't back up what you say or you would have several post back when I first asked you to on one of you other claims.

Finally you never said first week you said
"To me a Full Forza game on a +30m user base failing to out sale a $40 demo coming out on 12m PS3 is underperforming, if its not to you then thats ok that your opinion and i accept that. Let me have mine opinon."
Nope I don't see first week mentioned in there. You can have your opinion. I'm not taking that away from you.

My super spidey reading ability did notice this
"F3 come out on a 3 times bigger user base then GT5p it was only common sense to think F3 would out sale. Only GT fans like me knew better and their arent many of them on here. "

Common sense to think it would out sell only you knew better. So is that an admission that you lack common sense?

Lord Flashheart said:

Common sense to think it would out sell only you knew better. So is that an admission that you lack common sense?

read all my posts, iam comparing first week sales.

Its a admission vg has always denied GT selling power.  I knew better. 

Even now ioi think GT5 will only do maybe 2 million first week, i know better.

numonex said:
Forza 3 is selling extremely well and should sell around 4 million sales ltd.

Let's c...

Mendicate Bias said:

I don't even know why I bothered to type this up after all you think GT5 is going to sell 20 million life time

And the lack of reading comprehension you show says alot about you.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=92669&page=1

Maybe open up a dictionary and read the defenitions of "possability" and "maybe"