By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza 3 sales: Is it under-performing after its advantages over GT

LMFAO mendicate bias

If it was a prediction i would have said that, i stick by them unlike your kinda aka selnor that talk shit for months then disappear after sales shut them up.

You are clearly to ignorant to discuss anything with that why i not gonna bother with you, to me this is less then a waste of time.

Around the Network

I don't have a kind I use my brain to make my own deductions and decisions and don't require a group or cult to think for me. Why did you even bring Selnor into this argument, you like attacking people that aren't here to defend themselves?

Again you ignore my main argument but I'll indulge you. You do understand what the concept of implying something or reading between the lines is right? If you made that thread as a discussion and not a prediction then why didn't you structure your thread as an open question? In fact why did you go so far as to predict the sales, and I quote;

Possible numbers.

Europe 7-10m (halo3 sold 7.5m in NA, GT3 did 7.14 million in NA so numbers that high are possible)
NA 5-7m
Japan/Asia 2/3m

Are you telling me that isn't a prediction, cause if you honestly think not then maybe you should go back and take some rudimentary english courses.

Also don't call out Selnor or anyone else on their predictions when you don't have the spine to back up statements you made in this very thread.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Gt fans to the rescue......
Yes, forZa does have a higher metacritic rating on a higher system. Does that mean sales fail because it hasn't beat a demo you claimed to a game when it came out out in a dead period in the ps3's life? No.

Gran turismo has two huge things going for it:

Time on the market
name

As we all know the name sells alot on it's own, it doesn't matter if the fill product turns out to be shit, people would still buy the next gran turismo. Gt5p also has time on the market going for it. Forza 3 isn't nearly as well established as gt is. Hell, last gen it was lucky to have sold as well as it did on a console that was severely hampered compared to the ps2 in terms on userbase.
Forza hasn't been out long. Stop your playstationmasturbation and see how the game sells over time. Who knows, might make you want to stfu. It's all about the legs, some games have them you know. And considering the circumstances, I believe forza has done admiraly, escpecially in terms of quality.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Hus said:
Aion said:
Sales are great, they definately are not under performing.

Depends on what were you expecting.

Some here said F3 would be the premier sim of this gen, the biggest seler around 7 million.  But afer failing to out do GT5ps opening week they all dissapeared. 

Compared to GT it is severly under performing, compared to all others its doing very well. 

Compared to what most said it's not underperforming. There's already been an argument on here about taking what one person said and using that to lambast the rest. And how do you know it wont be the premier racer this gen? That's subjective.

High majority expected F3 to out do GT5ps first week and it failed thus it underperformed. 

Its sales say its not the premier sim.

Sales never indictate quality. Gameplay does and that is subjective so it could be the premier sim this gen. It is at the moment.

And proof the high majority expected it to out do GT5p first week or you're making another one of those type of comments that caused an argument on here.

As long as it's true it's fine but proof first.

Also if they did expect it to beat GT5p first week and it didn't then it underperformed for them and only them. If you think it underperformed because of that then you must be one of them that expected it to beat GT5p sales.
The rest of us who have more common sense when it comes to how you decide whether a game underperforms or not don't think it did in sales or more importantly gameplay.

Don't hide the truth, majority on here were wrong in the GT vs Forza debate so own up to it.  F3 come out on a 3 times bigger user base then GT5p it was only common sense to think F3 would out sale.  Only GT fans like me knew better and their arent many of them on here. 

God of War
GTA
Batan Dark Asylem (comic book adaptation)
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest
Gears/MGS/Uncharetd
Mario
Halo/COD

They get some of the best reviews and are considered the best of their genre and just happen to sale the best. 

To me a Full Forza game on a +30m user base failing to out sale a $40 demo coming out on 12m PS3 is underperforming, if its not to you then thats ok that your opinion and i accept that.  Let me have mine opinon.

It turns out your word doesn't mean much on here but i'll still humour you.

Own up to it? You saying the majority said something isn't proof as your word apparently is mud here.

There aren't many GT fans on here? You've been looking in the wrong places. They're all in the Forza threads trolling. That is proof you don't know what you're talking about. Tell me as you're a GT fan why do the rest of them troll Forza threads religiously? Bored of the demo? Feel insecure and threatened by it?
Does all this goal post moving you are doing make you feel better? "if I compare this to this it makes GT win" Shame no-one but you is comparing the two. How about comparing the things that matter. Reviews? nope? ok.

How long has the demo been out? And you're comparing total sales for both?
Wow. Like I said goal post + moving = you.
And your word = Mud.

Actually you were both wrong, you too saying sales NEVER indicate quality. The truth is neither always, nor never.

About GT5P sales, it's easy to compare the first 5 weeks instead of the unfair cumulative, we have the weekly data too:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6972®ion=All

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=30434®ion=All

And, you perfectly know it, you just pretend you don't, these weekly data show that except week 4, GT5P outsold F3 even during 4 of the first 5 weeks and on the total of all 5 of them, despite PS3 having back then less than half the user base XB360 had at F3 launch.

Does it make sense to compare F3 and GT5P? I don't know, but Turn 10 stating no racing sim can beat F3 automatically makes legit to compare it to whatever racing sim we like, they started it unprovoked, they just didn't limit themselves to compare F3 to EVERY other racer, they actually stated none of them can beat it, we are simply following suit and it will be interesting to compare F3 to its main rival when it's released, to check Turn 10's claims (and I mean comparing all aspects, not only sales, it would be, I agree with you, a not significant enough comparison).

But if we want to say that even that 360Hz physics refresh rate is nothing special compared to the best current PC racers and that GPL already did 288Hz physics 10 years ago, this is completely another argument, we're just talking about console racers here, I won't start it... Oooops! I just did!   

Hus said:
heruamon said:
I'm still waiting for somebody to post what Turn 10 did that was so wrong.

or just google it.

LOL, isn't it curious how people forget Google when they try to pretend something didn't happen?

Just in case memory keeps on betraying them, here:

http://www.google.com/search?q=turn+10+gran+turismo&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Ancient Greeks would have called Turn 10 attitude "hubris".    And they believed Nemesis would punish this sin.   

What is the title of the OP again?  I thought this was for sales, not wtf you'll are talking about.  Regie made a comment about sales, wrt to MW2 vs NSMB, and his estiamte is going to get smashed...Turn 10 said they think they have the best racing game on the market, the metacritic scores for both games are AAA, and the first one sold 4 million and this one has already sold 1.3 and has strong legs, so I'm not sure how it is underperforming, it had a higher Metacritic, than the last game, and it's tracking higher on sales.  Once again, anser the freaking question I'm asking, not what the fuck you want to answer...where did Turn 10 say that Forza 3 would be the best selling racing game? 

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Guys, don't get too worked up fighting with the haters, some people refuse to see reason and think that they speak for the majority. 

Any rational person can see that Forza 3 is selling far faster than Forza 2 so it is an unqualified success.

Around the Network

@heruamon:
I already directly answered your questions a few posts below the one you answered to me.

I'll cut and paste it:

(begin)
They didn't brag explicitly it would be the best seller, but if they brag no other racer can beat theirs, and given the excellent tie ratio XB360 has, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect "the racer no other racer can beat" to beat the first weeks sales of a demo that, as you write, had lower critics scores too, and that at launch could count on a much smaller PS3 user base?

This said, F3 sold better than N4S during the first 5 weeks, both on PS3 and XB360 and even better than N4S on both the consoles combined, during week 1 and 4 and during the first 5 weeks combined, so by normal standards F3 is selling quite well, it's just that it doesn't live up to Turn 10's bragging.

Anyway, only comparing every aspect, either technical or aesthetic or economic with its true arch-rival will give us a complete picture, so we'll have to wait till Spring 2010.
(end)

As you can read, I consider F3 sales satisfying, they just don't live up, IMVHO, to Turn 10 bragging about it being the racer nobody can beat: THEY asked for comparisons, doing so, they got them. When they brag and hype, they cannot demand only positive attention, just like when Sony bragged it got what it deserved and it will be mocked forever for that boasting about people having to get a second job to be able to afford a back then $599 PS3.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

No.

(directed at the question in the title)

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Why the hell was this thread allowed to stay open in the first place, just about every Forza thread covered the OP's question if he bothered to read them. Isn't it about time the Forza vs GT crap was canned until closer to GT's release date now.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
@heruamon:
I already directly answered your questions a few posts below the one you answered to me.

I'll cut and paste it:

(begin)
They didn't brag explicitly it would be the best seller, but if they brag no other racer can beat theirs, and given the excellent tie ratio XB360 has, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect "the racer no other racer can beat" to beat the first weeks sales of a demo that, as you write, had lower critics scores too, and that at launch could count on a much smaller PS3 user base?

This said, F3 sold better than N4S during the first 5 weeks, both on PS3 and XB360 and even better than N4S on both the consoles combined, during week 1 and 4 and during the first 5 weeks combined, so by normal standards F3 is selling quite well, it's just that it doesn't live up to Turn 10's bragging.

Anyway, only comparing every aspect, either technical or aesthetic or economic with its true arch-rival will give us a complete picture, so we'll have to wait till Spring 2010.
(end)

As you can read, I consider F3 sales satisfying, they just don't live up, IMVHO, to Turn 10 bragging about it being the racer nobody can beat: THEY asked for comparisons, doing so, they got them. When they brag and hype, they cannot demand only positive attention, just like when Sony bragged it got what it deserved and it will be mocked forever for that boasting about people having to get a second job to be able to afford a back then $599 PS3.

No...you didn't answer my question.  The comment to me was Google it...Google WHAT?  And NO...you can say just because the game is very good, it's going to outsell a different game on a different console.  Are you freaking kidding me...that's ridiculous...I can see if we were talking about two different racing games on the same console.  Sorry, but your extrapolation makes no sense to me.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

^^
Googling that link you just get a wide assortment of Turn 10 bragging, if you think the comparison is not possible and the extrapolation doesn't make sense, well, sorry, we simply think different from each other. Turn 10 obviously thinks different from you too, as comparisons with every other racer, whatever the platform, seems to be their obsession. And if the answer I gave you in the other post doesn't satify you, sorry again, if we don't agree on the premises of the reasoning there's nothing we can do about it.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!