By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

Euphoria14 said:
atma998 said:
Euphoria14 said:
@atma998

You were so quick to try and insert your Wii/DS numbers into CGI-Quality's post that you forgot about the PSP numbers.

Seems you missed a little detail as well.

The article didnt put sales numbers for the PSP. How coul I post those numbers?

From the article:

PSP sales were down over 35% year on year

Link contained in the OP with last years numbers.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51405

PSP - 254K

Around 165k PSPs sold this Black Friday.

That is how you really put things into perspective.

The information was there for you to use the entire time.

Just trying to bust yoru chops.

Glad you made the calculation. But hey don't talk about the PSP, it's only a PS3 vs. 360 thread here!!!!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Blacksaber said:
badgenome said:

darth you sig look so cute when enlarge :)

CGI-Quality said:
Jason77 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Blacksaber said:
badgenome said:

darth you sig look so cute when enlarge :)

I disagree, the lack of Elena Fisher and Madison Paige means it's not complete.

Or any kind of FF13 thingy.

I disaprove.

CGI-Quality said:
@ Carl

Not exclusive.....mwuhahahahahahaha....

But Versus is though, he needs something from it instead, especially considering Versus will be the better Final Fantasy........ :O

* runs far, and FAST *

*grabs sniper rifle*

CGI-Quality said:
@ Carl

Not exclusive.....mwuhahahahahahaha....

But Versus is though, he needs something from it instead, especially considering Versus will be the better Final Fantasy........ :O

* runs far, and FAST *

Haha you know it mate

Around the Network

Enjoy these numbers. We know it will soon be back to the boring slow months. Some of those bundles from Sony were great. Hope Infamous and KZ2 get some decent numbers.

Ynwa.

So it could be 450k..

mM
leo-j said:
So it could be 450k..

I hate that avatar, they have been pretty bad lately.

Yeah 450 in America is just amazing for the PS3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
leo-j said:
So it could be 450k..

I hate that avatar, they have been pretty bad lately.

Yeah 450 in America is just amazing for the PS3.

what do you want me to put as an avatar

mM
Boneitis said:
OctaBech said:
Boneitis said:
OctaBech said:
Boneitis said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Boneitis said:
the MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
Boneitis said:
The 360 might have performed better if the bundles weren't so crappy.

The PS3 had strong 1st party titles while the 360 basically had shovelware.

excuses, excuses.

The real reason why PS3 sold more is that it had a 100$ price cut recently and had good ads. 

You PS3 fans are so defensive.

I'm not saying the 360 would have outsold the PS3 with better games, I'm just saying it would have PERFORMED BETTER if it came with GOOD GAMES. It not an excuse and the fact is the PS3 got bundled with better games.

Defensive ? I was not defensive at all.

Fact still remains that most people expected PS3 to be outsold by 360 on BF and it was a poor performance by 360 in 2009 compared to 2008.

And I don't think that the modern warfare bundle along with AC2 and L4D2 is crap.

Truth is you are a defensive 360 fan.

You said "excuses, excuses" because you felt I was attacking the PS3 and that's clear as day. I'm just pointing out they did a much better job bundling the PS3 than the 360.

Also I did not see AC2 or L4D2 bundled. I saw the ads in the paper and I do read gaming news websites. So if those bundles were out there they must have been limited to certain locations. I do know those game were discounted, which I'm sure played a role in the 360 having superior software sales.

Truth is the 360 bundles were mostly lame (there might have been a few out there that had a good game). But every PS3 bundle had high quality games.

Please describe lame and why the PS3 bundles in comparison aren't to be considered as lame. (:

How about this, you go look at the Black Friday ads and find a 360 bundle as appealing as Killzone 2 and inFamous.

Good luck!

I tried but I must humbly agree, the PS3 library is just that superior(than the best of the newest 360 bundles).

And in honesty, I can't imagine bringing the 360 oldies from the bargain bins into the bundles would have helped.

Still, I had expected the 360's lower entrance price and more games per bundle plus MW2 to give a much different result.

You're changing the subject. I don't care what you can't imagine or expected. The fact is better bundles would have sold more 360 consoles.

Nope, I haven't changed anything but what do you mean by better bundles? Because obviously the 360 would have sold better had its bundles been even cheaper with even more games if the PS3 bundles had kept their price and games.

But if it's only about switching games in the 360 bundles, which games did the 360 bundles lack? Hence my teasing comment about the PS3 having a superior library because the 360 bundles did have the best of the new the console has to offer and more deals than the PS3, not forgetting greater shipments(lucky us the PS3 was undershipped EDIT: which must be a first).

Nope, we biased 360 people must face fact and just hope next year's Splinter Cell, Alan Wake, Halo Reach(those leaked pics better not be true :(), ME2,.. will put the 360 where it belongs.