By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Resident evil Darkside Chronicles sales?

i'm happy for capcom for the good number but i will be more then happy if they gave me a RE game on the RE4 wii engine...i think i'll keep dreaming.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
What makes you say Darkside is the last of the chronicles?

They could easily do a RE4/5/new-area game.

Resident Evil: The Plaga Chronicles.

Watch and wait.

Capcom did state Darkside was the conclussion of chronicles in a recent interview.If theres a follow up, it wont be chronicles. To me ,with what capcom gained in Resident branding on the wii, the follow up will most likely be another genre.Oh yes, coming to think of it.Wasnt just capcom teasing wii owners last month with resident 5 possibilities?i think a wii edition will be next installment of the franchise on the wii(like it or not, some dont).In fact thats a possibility im willing to bet upon.Just adding 1 and 1 here.

wiilicious said:
i'm happy for capcom for the good number but i will be more then happy if they gave me a RE game on the RE4 wii engine...i think i'll keep dreaming.

ok wiilicious, but re4 engine is outdated, and Capcom is porting the MIT framework engine into the wii(thats the engine of Dead Rising for 360 and Resident Evil 5). Capcom also stated that Cavia showed them Re5 is possible on wii. I think that whatever we see next, wont be on the old RE4 engine but will be better looking.Because Cavia OR MIT both look ages ahead of RE4.

intro94 said:
wiilicious said:

ok wiilicious, but re4 engine is outdated, and Capcom is porting the MIT framework engine into the wii(thats the engine of Dead Rising for 360 and Resident Evil 5). Capcom also stated that Cavia showed them Re5 is possible on wii. I think that whatever we see next, wont be on the old RE4 engine but will be better looking.Because Cavia OR MIT both look ages ahead of RE4.

Thanks for the info intro94, i didn't know. This should be great. Because strangely i think i'll prefer to play a RE5 port on my wii then RE5 on my 360. Maybe because i really like the control scheme of RE4 wii (wiimote) vs RE5 360. I think i'll stick with Dead Space 1/ 2 on my 360. Plus, all my RE collection is on my wii I don't want to brake this patern..lol.

look:

I still find it baffling that a console with ~20 million userbase got 3 main Resident Evil games and Wii got just 2 on-rails spin-offs.

Around the Network

^^good point especially when a port and an on rails were really succesful, i thought the wii would get more RE exclusives... I rly think we're gna see a Wii made RE, especially since capcom has been seeing some success

well routs i understand your positiion and also regret it. But the bulk of remakes of resid.ent were part of a Capcom-Nintendo deal.At that point as well, Nintendo had the upper hand on graphical push opposed to the playstation 2.Regardless, i dont think its over in the wii cycle just yet, and i think theres room for 1 or even 2 more big resident games for wii.At least capcom knows resident is working with wii soundly.And those spin offs were really uber good as well as RE4 wii edition.