By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VG Chartz Taylor Swift Fan Thread - She's the female Beatles.

You can put me down as a fan. I don't like her music, but she did enough in one hosting job on SNL to make me a convert. That girl is hilarious and has real comedic chops. Every skit she did was ace, especially her opening monologue.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:
I bet you were one of the ones that voted gloriana over lady gaga for best breakthrough artist.. and voted TAYLOR SWIFT over Michael jackson for best artist in the AMAs..

Michael is a legend and is fantastic, but this was Taylor Swift's year. She controled music.

Um no, if it's anyone's year its LADY GAGA..

JUST DANCE topped most relevant charts in the world

POKER FACE was the best selling single this year, and topped every single chart in the world

LOVE GAME hit #1 in the U.S and other countries

same with PAPARAZZI

BAD ROMANCE is considered the biggest and most artistic video out of any artist in the past decade, and is currently the #1 song by LADY GAGA, making it her 5TH #1 song (whether it be billboard, or w.e chart, it has hit #1 somewhere).

In comparison:

Taylor swift

You belong with me is the only song she has that has hit #1 on the BILLBOARD CHARTS, elsewhere, FIFTEEN hit #1 in "DOWNLOADS" for a week, other than that.. she hasn't had many BIG BIG hits, other than  You belong with me and maybe LOVE STORY that hit #2 at highest on billboard's charts.

World wide, she isn't even known as much

mM
Onyxmeth said:

You can put me down as a fan. I don't like her music, but she did enough in one hosting job on SNL to make me a convert. That girl is hilarious and has real comedic chops. Every skit she did was ace, especially her opening monologue.

Okay cool! I thought she was funny too. She was almost like the real Kate from Jon and Kate lol

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Wildvine53 said:
Ps3 said:
Onyxmeth said:
leo-j said:
Onyxmeth said:
leo-j said:
I bet you were one of the ones that voted gloriana over lady gaga for best breakthrough artist.. and voted TAYLOR SWIFT over Michael jackson for best artist in the AMAs..

What was Michael Jackson up for? He recorded new music?

Artist of the year, and no he did not, but THIS IS IT released with a new single, which sold fairly well. Taylor swift beat BEYONCE (her new album is eh, but still) and LADY GAGA (who had 4 chart topping debut singles compared to taylor's 2) and I think the other was KINGS OF LEON.

Ah, so they were just capitalizing on his death. Figures. The Grammys did the same thing when Ray Charles died.

I hope Taylor wins all the Grammy awards too! Especially Album Of The Year!

She'll sweep the country grammys, which is sad becasue MIranda Lamberts Revolution is the best Country album of the Year

miranda's new album isn't qualified for the 2010 Grammys I don't think. The cut off date was in August.

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:

Michael is a legend and is fantastic, but this was Taylor Swift's year. She controled music.

POKER FACE was the best selling single this year, and topped every single chart in the world

same with PAPARAZZI

BAD ROMANCE is considered the biggest and most artistic video out of any artist in the past decade, and is currently the #1 song by LADY GAGA, making it her 5TH #1 song (whether it be billboard, or w.e chart, it has hit #1 somewhere).

In comparison:

Taylor swift

You belong with me is the only song she has that has hit #1 on the BILLBOARD CHARTS, elsewhere, FIFTEEN hit #1 in "DOWNLOADS" for a week, other than that.. she hasn't had many BIG BIG hits, other than  You belong with me and maybe LOVE STORY that hit #2 at highest on billboard's charts.

This Year, Taylor set the record for most songs on the Billboard Hot 100 when Fearless Platinum edition was released. All 6 new songs charted, and You belong with me and Fifteen were also charting. Last year she held the Smae record with 9 songs when Fearless first released

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
Wildvine53 said:
Ps3 said:
Onyxmeth said:
leo-j said:
Onyxmeth said:
leo-j said:

What was Michael Jackson up for? He recorded new music?

Artist of the year, and no he did not, but THIS IS IT released with a new single, which sold fairly well. Taylor swift beat BEYONCE (her new album is eh, but still) and LADY GAGA (who had 4 chart topping debut singles compared to taylor's 2) and I think the other was KINGS OF LEON.

Ah, so they were just capitalizing on his death. Figures. The Grammys did the same thing when Ray Charles died.

I hope Taylor wins all the Grammy awards too! Especially Album Of The Year!

She'll sweep the country grammys, which is sad becasue MIranda Lamberts Revolution is the best Country album of the Year

miranda's new album isn't qualified for the 2010 Grammys I don't think. The cut off date was in August.

That's excellent news, she'll get the recognition she deserves then

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:

same with PAPARAZZI

In comparison:

Taylor swift

No, it's Taylor's year, but GaGa is doing great too!

Love game hit #1 on pop not on the hot 100. Paparazzi hit #1 on pop not on the hot 100. Pokerface and Just Dance are her #1's on the hot 100. bad Romance is #1 on itunes, not on the hot 100 or pop yet..

Taylor Swift is god

Wildvine53 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:

same with PAPARAZZI

In comparison:

Taylor swift

This Year, Taylor set the record for most songs on the Billboard Hot 100 when Fearless Platinum edition was released. All 6 new songs charted, and You belong with me and Fifteen were also charting. Last year she held the Smae record with 9 songs when Fearless first released

actually 13 songs of hers charted on the billboard hot 100

mM
Wildvine53 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:

same with PAPARAZZI

In comparison:

Taylor swift

Exactly.. taylor did the most this year by an artist.. GaGa may already have a bunch of #1's but almost every single Taylor song on Fearless has charted.

Ps3 said:
leo-j said:
Ps3 said:
leo-j said:

same with PAPARAZZI

In comparison:

Taylor swift

No, it's Taylor's year, but GaGa is doing great too!

Love game hit #1 on pop not on the hot 100. Paparazzi hit #1 on pop not on the hot 100. Pokerface and Just Dance are her #1's on the hot 100. bad Romance is #1 on itunes, not on the hot 100 or pop yet..

Taylor Swift is god

Taylor has sold more albums though, the U.S is crazy for her.

mM