By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The latest XBL-update was a huge success - numbers inside

Hey guys,

MS published some numbers for their latest update. The update brought Twitter, Last.FM, Facebook and Zune videostore on the Xbox 360.

Here are some numbers:

• In less than a week, nearly two million people logged into their Facebook accounts through Xbox LIVE to view photos, make status updates and check in on friends and family
  • Music options, amplified. Looking for the latest holiday tunes? Join the almost one million Xbox LIVE members who've created new Last.fm profiles and are now streaming the world's leading personalized music service on Xbox 360. On average, members are spending approximately 40 minutes using Last.fm on Xbox LIVE to discover music and customize radio stations and have streamed more than 120 million minutes of music
  • In less than a week, 1.7 million Xbox LIVE members visited Zune video on Xbox LIVE
  • “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” is breaking records and becoming one of the most successful games of all time. More than 2.2 million unique gamers played “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2” in one day on November 10th - a new one-day record for Xbox LIVE.

here is the full story:

http://gamerscoreblog.com/press/archive/2009/11/24/bu124.aspx

---

I am blown away by the 1 million new accounts for Last.FM! And they listened to music for almost 230 years in the first week!!!

The 1.7 million users @ Zune videostore is awesome as well.

This update might not be that interesting for the hardcore players visiting the forums (like me) but the more casual audience seems to like this feature.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

And some people on his site said nobody would use facebook or last.fm on the 360.

I wonder when we'll get some Sky numbers?

nathantay said:

And some people on his site said nobody would use facebook or last.fm on the 360.

true story. Nobody can deny it has been a huge success. You have to keep in mind that Last.FM ist not available worldwide. It is only available in the US. It will be available in Europe early next year I think. So the number of new accounts might see another boost.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I hate how I can't post 'played games' on my facebook account. It goes automatic on PS3. Everytimes you unlocked a trophy it post on your facebook account. I hope that kind of feature comes with XBLA aswell.

Around the Network

out of the new features in the U.S., last.fm looks the best. Here in the UK, Sky is the best feature. Brilliant numbers. I think bringing facebook twitter etc to consoles is gr8, and the 360s integration is so slick!

Ok I'm obviously playing the skeptic here, but are these people going to keep using the 360 to do facebook and/or last fm, or did most just log on to try the new features out? If they can post nearly 2 million users next week again I'd be surprised.

DirtyP2002 said:
nathantay said:

true story. Nobody can deny it has been a huge success. You have to keep in mind that Last.FM ist not available worldwide. It is only available in the US. It will be available in Europe early next year I think. So the number of new accounts might see another boost.

Millions tried out Home when that was first available, yet I'm sure now most don't both visiting it.

The numbers in 3 months time will be more significant.

Lostplanet22 said:
I hate how I can't post 'played games' on my facebook account. It goes automatic on PS3. Everytimes you unlocked a trophy it post on your facebook account. I hope that kind of feature comes with XBLA aswell.

Ummm. What? Heres a little point. Why would you want that? Facebook on 360 intergrates your gamertag. So you can see when anyone has a new achievement and what they are playing or have been playing. So not sure what you mean. All you do is click on your friends gamertag on Facebook on your 360. Thats the beauty. It's not clumsy like real facebook. It's adapted so it incorporates the NXE's software ( which is awesome ). It automatically adds all your Live friends to Facebook if they have an account. Awesome.

Rob6021 said:
Ok I'm obviously playing the skeptic here, but are these people going to keep using the 360 to do facebook and/or last fm, or did most just log on to try the new features out? If they can post nearly 2 million users next week again I'd be surprised.

Think of this. All those playing online with Halo 3 or Left 4 Dead 2, have a message pop up on Facebook while they are playing. They can literally go to Facebook in 10 seconds instead of going to there PC turning it on and being on Facebook in 5 mins. It's ease of use. For anyone in any room. It also links Live friends and Facebook friends. It's not just like using Facebook. The TV is the place to chat now. Not online PC. Casuals dont really want that. How many films have dreamed that the TV was the place for ALL media. 360 is getting pretty close. Hell I use PC for 2 reasons. VGChartz and Online gambling sites. Thats it. Maybe the odd CV to print out. I'd rather use my TV for chatting online via 360 camera and Facebook or Microphone. So I expect many more to continue to use the more conveniant service.