By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The latest XBL-update was a huge success - numbers inside

wholikeswood said:
DirtyP2002 said:
nathantay said:

And some people on his site said nobody would use facebook or last.fm on the 360.

true story. Nobody can deny it has been a huge success. You have to keep in mind that Last.FM ist not available worldwide. It is only available in the US. It will be available in Europe early next year I think. So the number of new accounts might see another boost.

Millions tried out Home when that was first available, yet I'm sure now most don't both visiting it.

The numbers in 3 months time will be more significant.

You can hardly compare home. Home was very geeky, and people saw it as second life even if it wasnt. Also we had a couple of shows in England about the peadophiles that use it. So many probably shunned away from it here. Facebook you can control yourself who you see and interact with. Home your in a place designed by Sony where any old person can be hassling little boys or girls. You cant compare making Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM less stress free and available on the TV to Home on the PS3.

Around the Network

Yeah great news i love last fm, and facebook on the xbox 360.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

selnor said:
Lostplanet22 said:
I hate how I can't post 'played games' on my facebook account. It goes automatic on PS3. Everytimes you unlocked a trophy it post on your facebook account. I hope that kind of feature comes with XBLA aswell.

Ummm. What? Heres a little point. Why would you want that? Facebook on 360 intergrates your gamertag. So you can see when anyone has a new achievement and what they are playing or have been playing. So not sure what you mean. All you do is click on your friends gamertag on Facebook on your 360. Thats the beauty. It's not clumsy like real facebook. It's adapted so it incorporates the NXE's software ( which is awesome ). It automatically adds all your Live friends to Facebook if they have an account. Awesome.

The thing is at work I use facebook quite often. Seeing what my friends are up to, it is a nice little touch to see some of my friends profile update with new trophies they owned.  Ok I used the word 'hate' a bit to strong word to explain my feelings about it...I just would liked it to see what my xbox live friends are up to on facebook aswell.

Lostplanet22 said:
selnor said:
Lostplanet22 said:
I hate how I can't post 'played games' on my facebook account. It goes automatic on PS3. Everytimes you unlocked a trophy it post on your facebook account. I hope that kind of feature comes with XBLA aswell.

Ummm. What? Heres a little point. Why would you want that? Facebook on 360 intergrates your gamertag. So you can see when anyone has a new achievement and what they are playing or have been playing. So not sure what you mean. All you do is click on your friends gamertag on Facebook on your 360. Thats the beauty. It's not clumsy like real facebook. It's adapted so it incorporates the NXE's software ( which is awesome ). It automatically adds all your Live friends to Facebook if they have an account. Awesome.

The thing is at work I use facebook quite often. Seeing what my friends are up to, it is a nice little touch to see some of my friends profile update with new trophies they owned.  Ok I used the word 'hate' a bit to strong word to explain my feelings about it...I just would liked it to see what my xbox live friends are up to on facebook aswell.

Ahh. Well I guess you'll have to have a 360 at work. ( Now to sneak it in. )

selnor said:
wholikeswood said:
DirtyP2002 said:
nathantay said:

And some people on his site said nobody would use facebook or last.fm on the 360.

true story. Nobody can deny it has been a huge success. You have to keep in mind that Last.FM ist not available worldwide. It is only available in the US. It will be available in Europe early next year I think. So the number of new accounts might see another boost.

Millions tried out Home when that was first available, yet I'm sure now most don't both visiting it.

You can hardly compare home. Home was very geeky, and people saw it as second life even if it wasnt. Also we had a couple of shows in England about the peadophiles that use it. So many probably shunned away from it here. Facebook you can control yourself who you see and interact with. Home your in a place designed by Sony where any old person can be hassling little boys or girls. You cant compare making Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM less stress free and available on the TV to Home on the PS3.

Oh he can because it suits him

Around the Network
Seece said:
selnor said:
wholikeswood said:
DirtyP2002 said:
nathantay said:

Oh he can because it suits him

Pointless, antagonistic post. Grow up and contribute or don't post at all.

@ Selnor: You missed my point entirely. I wasn't comparing the features, but making the point that launch popularity and long-term success are two very different things. People will always rush to try anything new, but that doesn't guarantee huge numbers half a year down the line.

I added a couple friends from my Facebook who I had no idea had Live memberships. It was quite neat. Probably won't get on there again unless I want to look at pictures or they add some new features.

@wholikeswood

You cannot use Home as an example of how the numbers tale of after launch when comparing established brands such as Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM. I understand your point and yes it will be interesting to see if this increases or slows. Of course the point is the 360 now has all these additional services to be used.

@DirtyP2002

Last.FM is available in the UK at least not sure about the rest of Europe. I for one find this to be the best feature.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
welshbloke said:
@wholikeswood

You cannot use Home as an example of how the numbers tale of after launch when comparing established brands such as Facebook, Twitter and Last.FM. I understand your point and yes it will be interesting to see if this increases or slows. Of course the point is the 360 now has all these additional services to be used.

@DirtyP2002

Last.FM is available in the UK at least not sure about the rest of Europe. I for one find this to be the best feature.

Urgh, I'm not specifically using Home; I literally just mean "for any application, the key number is usage figures several months down the line".

I honestly think Last.fm and Facebook will probably grow in popularity over time. Last.fm is probably the feature my wife and I use most out of the new features.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!