By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Windows 7 sales - good / bad?

Of course it is success sales wise because MS has basically monopoly in OS market. I am not saying that it is bad OS (a lot better than Vista) but this question had pretty obvious answer.

Around the Network

however if a apple laptop/pc is ever below $800, then we might have some concern

Does make you wonder if Apple should start to think about dropping their premium price tags to gain market share.

^^If apple does make a laptop for under $800, Microsoft is done, apple has 90% of the $1000 dollars and over laptops/pc market share

^^ya, but when you think about it, who else makes laptops/pc's that are over $1000, Alienware, and Hp, and I doubt anyone would pay $1000 for a hp laptop/pc

Around the Network

If that's true raif it's impressive and a big emough price drop could spell serious trouble for MS.

^^no I swear, I can not provide you a link b/c I seen it in a video from Cnet, I cant find it now. But all I said was that my statement is not that hard to believe, also that its true.

^^ill look for it tho

^^guys, google "apple owns 90% of over $1000 laptop market share" and ull find a lot of links from NDP, etc.

^^yes cause its NDP right, so its probably just the US. But think about it, 90-91%, man thats amazing.

Also I just clicked on the first article that came up on the search, u guys can check it out
http://www.betanews.com/joewilcox/article/Apple-has-91-of-market-for-1000-PCs-says-NPD/1248313624