By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Lewis: 'No one can touch us online'

It's "hammer time", as in MC Hammer? :)

Around the Network

lol no need to be that humble microsoft

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

selnor said:
BladeOfGod said:
this is kinda funny
every time sony makes some arrogant PR comment, entire web site is jumping on anti sony wagon, but when MS does the same, everybody is whining how sony fanboys bash MS

This isn't really arrogance though is it. It's more stating the obvious.

actually its the matter of opinnion... Microsoft PR is getting really arrogant lately

this thread has turned into a flame war, may I suggest a lock?

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

This thread is silly, but i want to make a couple clarifications on a couple things I read. First off, it is up to developers to choose whether they want to use dedicated servers on Live. L4D uses dedicated servers and so does Forza 3. In fact XServer allows external customers to host dedicated servers for 360 games. Developers choose to use MS's Live matchmaking service because it is so damn good. They offer everything to developers, even their TruSkill ranking system. Even XNA developers can tap into it. IW seems to like it ALOT as they are copying it on pc. Bungie says P2P isn't going anywhere, and I believe them. Secondly, no one else has done something like 1 vs 100, in terms of server infrastructure at least. It handles over 200,000 simultaneous requests and responses within a span of seconds, all in the SAME GAME INSTANCE. No seperated instances pretending to be one. They have a really nice setup for their Primetime stuff. Should be interesting to see what else they release now that 1 vs 100 is a success.

Around the Network
gamelover2000 said:

Surprise. Which thread doesn't turn into a flamewar on this board anymore?

When the high PS3 price went away, all the trolls came out to play.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

LOL i have to agree about some thing must of these guys who defend xbox (that are fanboys cuz we can see the way they defend xbox) that i agree live is awesome but psn has some great stuff i dont get why Xbox fans feel like a victim like they are being atacked sudenly VG comes like the worst comunity or becomes liek gametrailes the way we speak is the way forums want to speak xbox fans need to understand that live is great but isnt that superior and must of the people who says live is the s..ht i bet they dont have a ps3 for me live is great but it doesnt worth paying it.

i don't have a 360 but if I WAS PAYING TO PLAY ONLINE. OF COURSE, i would be expecting it to work better than the ps3 and it DAMN WELL be better than what i'm getting with my ps3. isn't that fair enough. =P

i'm very happy with the free online play i'm getting with the PS3, and once cross game chat is in, then i am going to be very thankful for sony for giving us a service of this quality for free.

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

FastFord58 said:
gamelover2000 said:

I see no trolling.

Only people pointing out that one could argue that Live's exclusive features when compared to PSN don't justify the price. Yes, people have different opinions. That's not called trolling. If Sony said "We have the best online service", and people said "No, because of x, y and z", that wouldn't be trolling either.

If you can't accept other people's opinions, I suggest you get off the internet.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
FastFord58 said:
gamelover2000 said:

I see no trolling.

Only people pointing out that one could argue that Live's exclusive features when compared to PSN don't justify the price. Yes, people have different opinions. That's not called trolling. If Sony said "We have the best online service", and people said "No, because of x, y and z", that wouldn't be trolling either.

If you can't accept other people's opinions, I suggest you get off the internet.

Perhaps the reason people love Live is the complete experience rather than a list of arbitary features.  The fact that its completely integrated into the 360 gaming experience makes it a better experience than PSN anyway before you add the extra features it has. 

People have been trolling in this thread, you seriously need to take off your rose tinted spetacles if you're that much in denial.  I expect nothing less though from a master of the art.