By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do Sony and Microsoft stand a chance?

Arius Dion said:
Who's going to provide the software needed to sell this add on for Natal/Wand? Are they going to rely on third parties? Good luck with that one.

Sony has the dev capability that if they want they will flood their waggle with games, MS is screwd and will have to pay top $ for 3rd partys to make casual waggle stuff for a xbox.  Casual xbox i just dont see it working out well for them. 

Around the Network

If you wrote that article yourself then you should get a ban. I am being 100% serious.

Anyway Sony are releasing more then RE5 for the PSwand. If you are going to make a biased thread at least get the correct information. Really it makes you look bad if you dont.

I would help you out and give it you the list of titles releasing when the wand comes along with links, but being as you have been such a (no comment) about the way you went about this thread then pah.

Anyway this thread will probably get locked for trolling.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

"Next year its WiiMotionPlus/VitalitySensor V.S Natal and Sony's crappy wand toy"

Sounds like a worried Wii fanboy

Anyways sales wise no because 1. Its late (or at least midway) in this generation and probably too late to introduce something as big as NATAL (which they act like its the 2nd coming of Jesus) and 2. People bought PS3's and 360's for hardcore games and ya know...not having motion controls. If people wanted motion controls they'd have bought a wii by now especially since its $200 now. Nobody is going to buy a PS360 because they have motion controls.

Hus said:
Arius Dion said:
Who's going to provide the software needed to sell this add on for Natal/Wand? Are they going to rely on third parties? Good luck with that one.

Sony has the dev capability that if they want they will flood their waggle with games, MS is screwd and will have to pay top $ for 3rd partys to make casual waggle stuff for a xbox.  Casual xbox i just dont see it working out well for them. 

Sure, Sony can make waggle games as you call them, but can they create add on selling software i.e. a Wii Sports. I have my doubts. Both HD systems rely heavily on third party software. Third Parties are not going to flock resources ($$$$) in an endeavor as risky as MS and Sony's motion control. But I guess we'll see in a bout half a year.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

No, but Nintendo is scared, so...who knows.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
No, but Nintendo is scared, so...who knows.

LOL.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

trashleg said:
scruffybunny said:
trashleg said:

i'm interested to see what it'll be like, i think it could do really great things for gaming.. (one step closer to my dream of ultimate virtual reality XD) but i know if i don't like it that there are still going to be standard-controller games too ^__^ its a win-win situation, really :D

Meh positive attitudes :p lol j/k, I like Natal like that too, so hi-tech and such a lot of possibilities, but at teh same time also worried about dear old Nintendo, tsk, not that its warranted, Nintendo has pretty good controls. I suppose this'll only push Nintento to work harder, which would only benefit us, moar shinny toys .... ha ... haa ... muahahahahaaaaaaa ... <(^o^<)    (>^o^)>

Arius Dion said:
Hus said:
Arius Dion said:

Sure, Sony can make waggle games as you call them, but can they create add on selling software i.e. a Wii Sports. I have my doubts. Both HD systems rely heavily on third party software. Third Parties are not going to flock resources ($$$$) in an endeavor as risky as MS and Sony's motion control. But I guess we'll see in a bout half a year.

True true why should 3rd partys take the risk on making hd waggle and having them flop badly.  Sony can create it and sell it, they have before with eye camera games bundles.  Sony has more experience with stuff like this with some success. 

Sony makes far more games and relies on 3rd aprtys far less then MS.

Hus said:
Arius Dion said:
Hus said:
Arius Dion said:

True true why should 3rd partys take the risk on making hd waggle and having them flop badly.  Sony can create it and sell it, they have before with eye camera games bundles.  Sony has more experience with stuff like this with some success. 

Sony makes far more games and relies on 3rd aprtys far less then MS.

The eye camera didn't sell too well. If this is an indication of the success you expect Sony to have with the Wand...well, prepair for falure. Also, third party Devs are excited about natal...the wand...I havn't heard many say anything about it. you do the math.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:

The eye camera didn't sell too well. If this is an indication of the success you expect Sony to have with the Wand...well, prepair for falure. Also, third party Devs are excited about natal...the wand...I havn't heard many say anything about it. you do the math.

talk is cheep you see any top exclusives being made for it, i don't.

Eye thing was the best selling casual stuff of the previous gen was it not.  Top 30 selling game on PS2 is quite good.  Its actually quite the achivement doing that before the casual boom of the wii. 

Where are these 3rd party natal games ?