By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread

BTW, is Serah a playable character? I just noticed that I've never seen a vid of her in action so I'm guessing...NOT?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
BTW, is Serah a playable character? I just noticed that I've never seen a vid of her in action so I'm guessing...NOT?

she is not playable maybe on DLC

People, let's make a deal here in this thread. We are going to try to convince all your gamers friends to to play FFXIII. Making so we will be helping with the games word of mouth.

great shots Jason, thx 4 posting

@FFXIII:
are there any Reviews out yet? We know the Famitsu's 39/40, but what about dengeki and other J-Websites / magazines? im pretty curious about Ratings atm.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I have a question. Will this game be proper localized to PAL region? It is already proved that by localizing the game can have a huge impact in sales, like KillZone 2 at Poland. S-E is making at least subtitles at other languageS?

Added Hecatoncheir

The problem isn`t with Leona(actually i didn`t even know of her until ffxiii), but the song seems that don`t fit with the game at all. Americans have the habit to have all in English. Because of tradition with animes i think, the japanese dub is much superior IMO.
I`m also accostumed with the japan language, i don`t understand mostly of the language, but i can say that some translations hurt my heart. I think Nihongo(japanese) is very interestting, for example there are differents ways to tell "I" or "You", just because of this, the language turns out to be very good to express your relationship with the other person.

Because of this, my decision buying this game is 50/50.

Every time I watch that Leona Lewis trailer it gives me chills.....in a good way. Damn, I want this game.

Gamingbolt gave the game a 9/10. Also says that "Fantasy XIII is major improvement over its predecessor in a big way." I liked XII, so this is great news for me!

http://gamingbolt.com/2010/01/27/final-fantasy-xiii-reviewed/

Non-Spoilerific review btw!

Also there is a rumor of DLC coming soon: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/2010/01/27/rumour-final-fantasy-xiii-dlc-coming-soon.html