By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread

The gestalt are intrensically tied to each character as they become Fal'Cie, it's the mark of a Fal'Cie.

I just think that somewhere down the history something happens that will allow for one of the characters to have an epic summon or something of the sort, as that is a part of tradition since FF had summons.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
The gestalt are intrensically tied to each character as they become Fal'Cie, it's the mark of a Fal'Cie.

I just think that somewhere down the history something happens that will allow for one of the characters to have an epic summon or something of the sort, as that is a part of tradition since FF had summons.

I like the system of Persona 4. When you maximize the social links the Personas assume another form, much more powerful. There could be something like that in FF XIII, you do some side quests and you maximize your bond with the summons, so, they just change their form to something more spetacular and powerful.

@invetedlotus123

Actually that is a really good alternative, never thought about it xD But since Final Fantasy doesn't do Social Link systems, I guess they could tie that kind of evolution to some very hard or complex side quest, that would be nice.

Great suggestion :O

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

OMG OMG 9 DAYS TO THE NEXT FINAL FANTASY EPIC!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

lestatdark said:
@invetedlotus123

Actually that is a really good alternative, never thought about it xD But since Final Fantasy doesn't do Social Link systems, I guess they could tie that kind of evolution to some very hard or complex side quest, that would be nice.

Going even further in the suggestion. There sould be like a puzzle or/and a searching quest for each summon transform, with requirements, than, you'll go in a battle with the summon you want to upgrade, you fight the upgraded version of the summon and when you win your summon turn in that version. Like a fusion of the FFX Dark Aeons and FFXII Espers hunt with more puzzle, searching and (why not?) story-telling of the specific summon.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
OMG OMG 9 DAYS TO THE NEXT FINAL FANTASY EPIC!

The day I take a break from forum activitys so I can avoid getting spoiled.

invetedlotus123 said:
lestatdark said:
@invetedlotus123

Going even further in the suggestion. There sould be like a puzzle or/and a searching quest for each summon transform, with requirements, than, you'll go in a battle with the summon you want to upgrade, you fight the upgraded version of the summon and when you win your summon turn in that version. Like a fusion of the FFX Dark Aeons and FFXII Espers hunt with more puzzle, searching and (why not?) story-telling of the specific summon.

You know, that actually sounds like a bit of the system that Shadow Hearts used, when you wanted to upgrade Hyuga's Fusions.

Maybe they could integrate a similar system tied to the new Hunt system they're going to use for FFXIII, as some specific hunts could be made only for Gestalt upgrade :O
It would be very nice if each summon had it's own specific history as well. We already know that the summons are intrensically connected to each individual Fal'Cie, but we don't know why and how those Gestalt are chosen for each Fal'Cie.

Current PC Build

I just wanted to ask you guys

do you think FF13 will be the most tragic FF game ever?

I meant technically all the main characters could die if they fail their focus, which they probably will as who would kill billions of citizens & the place they grew up to save themselves?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

At this point we can just speculate.

But if to be the most Tragic FF ever it will have to top FFX's ending, do you think it could do that? :P

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
At this point we can just speculate.

But if to be the most Tragic FF ever it will have to top FFX's ending, do you think it could do that? :P

FFX was tragic?

Pah.