By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 60 Million Wii's before Christmas?

I think it's very possible do you?

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

That's almost a given.

60 million in the 2nd week of December, and 62 million before years end. Topping the NES while doing so!

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

That is pretty much guaranteed unless some miraculous event happens and the nintendo factory burns down and no more wii's are able to be supplied...but the question i want to know is in its lifetime will the wii reach 120 million units sold

Yes I do think so, especially with the black Wii bundle.

Around the Network

I'm buying a black wii this week anyway, so I will have 2 Wii's.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Hopefully it'll go on to outsell the PS2. Even though that's still selling reasonably well.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

SuperSteveyLes said:
Hopefully it'll go on to outsell the PS2. Even though that's still selling reasonably well.

We shall see the DS beating the PS2 firstly though, sometime in 2011 is possible, could even top 150 million then.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

sparda2020 said:
but the question i want to know is in its lifetime will the wii reach 120 million units sold

Almost certainly, unless Nintendo does something boneheaded like releasing a Wii HD or launching their next console in 2010 or 2011, rigt now its outselling the PS2 at the same time in its life by a good margin, over 100K last week WW

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

60 millions on 3rd week of december.... 61 years ends... GO WII!