By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Uncharted 2 will reach atleast 3.5 million LTD

Cross-X said:
Gnizmo said:
Absolutely impossible. It won't do much better than 1.7ish LTD. There is absolutely no chance it will ever hit 3.5 LTD. That is just ridiculously impossible.

How absurd! Sure I believe that it has a better chance of hitting 3 mil rather than 3.5 mil but hey, it's not impossible. What's more absurd is your prediction that it won't do any better than 1.7... If you're gonna really gonna believe that, good luck trying to explain why coz there's no reason it cannot.

He was being sarcastic. He was trying to be funny and failed. So predictable and one of the reasons VGC is looked down on by other forums. Lots of silly posts here.

Around the Network
KratosHimself said:
Cross-X said:
Gnizmo said:
Absolutely impossible. It won't do much better than 1.7ish LTD. There is absolutely no chance it will ever hit 3.5 LTD. That is just ridiculously impossible.

How absurd! Sure I believe that it has a better chance of hitting 3 mil rather than 3.5 mil but hey, it's not impossible. What's more absurd is your prediction that it won't do any better than 1.7... If you're gonna really gonna believe that, good luck trying to explain why coz there's no reason it cannot.

He was being sarcastic. He was trying to be funny and failed. So predictable and one of the reasons VGC is looked down on by other forums. Lots of silly posts here.

Lol exactly and that's why I'm acting as if he was funny and showing him how he failed at it.

KratosHimself said:
Cross-X said:
Gnizmo said:

I am not acting funny at all. I am making a realistic prediction. Life Time to Date sales are not going to be 3.5 million. The game is currently at 1.6 with a week or so of data missing. So the LTD sales are not going to be far from 100k over that. Now if you are talking about the total life time sales then we would be having a different discussion. The prediction you made is not for that though. It is for current sales.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
KratosHimself said:
Cross-X said:
Gnizmo said:

I am not acting funny at all. I am making a realistic prediction. Life Time to Date sales are not going to be 3.5 million. The game is currently at 1.6 with a week or so of data missing. So the current LTD sales are not going to be far from 100k over that. Now if you are talking about the total life time sales then we would be having a different discussion. The prediction you made is not for that though. It is for current sales.

LOL. :P I've always found people predicting "LTD" funny. Same things always crossed my mind.

DaBuddahN said:
Gnizmo said:
KratosHimself said:
Cross-X said:
Gnizmo said:

I am not acting funny at all. I am making a realistic prediction. Life Time to Date sales are not going to be 3.5 million. The game is currently at 1.6 with a week or so of data missing. So the current LTD sales are not going to be far from 100k over that. Now if you are talking about the total life time sales then we would be having a different discussion. The prediction you made is not for that though. It is for current sales.

LOL. :P I've always found people predicting "LTD" funny. Same things always crossed my mind.

lol i knew what you was getting at straight away.

Why is it the newer posters never seem to understand when you do stuff like this. I think you should always put a wink in. Oh and your prediction is wrong mate. it will be 1.75ish ;)

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

LOL Gotcha. but you obviously knew what I meant ;)

Moving on - Lets clarify I meant Lifetime Sales for Uncharted 2

Serious_frusting said:

lol i knew what you was getting at straight away.

Why is it the newer posters never seem to understand when you do stuff like this. I think you should always put a wink in. Oh and your prediction is wrong mate. it will be 1.75ish ;)

1.75 is not much more than 1.7 so it is inline with my prediction. I would say the top end is 1.8 before it could be wrong. Still it was a wild stab without even checking how the game has been selling on a weekly basis. I think it was pretty good considering.

@Kratos
I did, ut I loathe acronym abuse. I decided at least one person had to deal with the topic as it was literally stated.

Unless it gets a hardware bundle, I think it'll manage around 3m lifetime worldwide.

CGI-Quality said:

We're not using our sarcasm meters today it seems.

OT: Yup, 3.5 is about what I initially said.

Edit: Now he says he was serious......I'm confused.

LTD stands for lifetime to date. The date is November 23, 2009. As of the last update to the numbers Uncharted 2 is at 1.6 million sold. In order for it to be at 3.5 today it would have to nearly triple its lifetime sales over the course of a week to a week and a half. This is simply not possible. This is not to say the game can't sell 3.5 million lifetime. But it will not sell that much lifetime to date.

WAY too high

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey