By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo failed to deliver!

Onimusha12 said:
Darn Nintendo and making sure the product is ready before it hits shelves.

Yes because a days differance is so going to make a massive differance, its not like its even an official delay, look on the website it still says today is the release date. The development time usually ends at latest two weeks before a games launch to give time for manufacturing the game and getting it to store shelves. Thats pushing it usually a month or so before launch a game is either done or 99%.

So why this delay, it would have been because Nintendo obviously didn't plan its distribution properly. Meaning that the copies of the game are probubly sitting in Port or Vancouver waiting to be trucked to the stores. Nintendo must have slipped up when planning the trucking routes.

Nothing to do with the improvement of the product. Just a bad move by Nintendo. Now that being said this so called delay could only be for B.C and might not have anything to do with NOA because Nintendo of Canada handles the distribution of games and hardware in Canada.

So in other words Nintendo didn't do its homework and plan ahead failing to meet its expectations and deliver the game on time. Sometimes in the past these delays have been do to EBGames infastructure meaning EBGames gets the games late. But I checked every major games retailer in my city and not a single one had BattalionWarsII in! 

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network
nufan00 said:
If you need the game for a review, why dont you ask Nintendo for a copy?

Nintendo doesn't just give advanced copies out, first of all only the major sites get advanced copies of games from Nintendo. Sites and companies such as G4TechTV and IGN are some of the only press groups that get advanced copies.

The newspaper I write for does have 110,000 readers but that is not a large enough instilled user base for Nintendo to bother giving me advanced copies. That being said I plan on launching a blog for myself in December and eventually hoping to build a user base of my own.

So you never know maybe 5-10 years from now I will be able to get advanced copies but not now.  

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Games don't come out on Mondays....that is a ship date.

Most often they come in on Tuesdays, but Wednesdays are never out of the question.

I take it that this is the first game that you have looked forward to with such anticipation.

I didn't hear you crying when Mercury Meltdown Revolution missed it's release date five times.

So a day's delay? You realize the release date for alot of games is typically the ship date which means it won't be in stores until the next day. This isn't just nintendo, it's a number of publishers. Even if it is an actual delay, a single day is not the merit by which a company is made or broken.

But never mind that believable and logical explanation of mine, obviously Nintendo is at fault for this day's delay and, as you have illustrated, is in fact an incompetant company who hates their fans, and even more, reviewers. I'm sure you won't be able to play the game now without cursing Nintendo's name and in time will grow to hate the title as it was, and forever will be, the catalyst of your hatred. By god Nintendo, why hath thou forsaken us?

super_etecoon said:
Doesn't this game have a 10-30-07 release date? How is it late if it isn't even that day yet?

That's what I'm confused about. I pre bought the game 2 weeks ago, and was told 10/30 was the release date the whole time. I don't believe the game is late.

Edit:  I've only ever seen 10/29 as a ship date, not a release date. 

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

Game ships on Monday, releases on Tuesday.

Is that what this has all been about?

Also, from what I have seen, the visuals were significantly improved. The water looks amazing, for example.

It hasn't gotten any attention because from what I've heard and seen, it's a mediocre game. I wouldn't get too upset about a mediocre game not being instock...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
It hasn't gotten any attention because from what I've heard and seen, it's a mediocre game. I wouldn't get too upset about a mediocre game not being instock...

It's not even released yet, Ben.  That is what his rant is about.  He misunderstood the release date and now his article is going to be late.  I'm sure his readership will be upset.  I mean. who isn't waiting for this game with baited breath?  Seriously, who reads game reviews in their local papers anyway?  Better yet, who reads their local papers?

@Ben, I wouldn't call it mediocre. Maybe a mediocre sequel, in that, it hardly improves on the first. But still decent overall.

I'm sure some people out there actually care, but I'm guessing the OP won't find any of them here.

Actually, on second thought, I'm sure the OP is the only one who cares.