By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Part of Zelda no one discusses. The Awesome Music

Soleron that list is.... it's just awful. But I guess you probably expected that reaction.

I think my favorite song from Zelda.... absolute favorite.... hm.

I'll come back to this. Gotta do some soul searching.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Soleron that list is.... it's just awful. But I guess you probably expected that reaction.

Yes. I expected that reaction. However there are only about 150 video game tracks I think are worth listening to, and Zelda has 10 of them that I listed, so it's not bad. I've edited my post to say that it's my opinion, I never meant for you to read it as fact.

I also don't like any normal (with words) music. Not a single track. So my music taste is completely different to anyone who likes music, which appears to be everyone else.

Soleron said:
Khuutra said:

Yes. I expected that reaction. However there are only about 150 video game tracks I think are worth listening to, and Zelda has 10 of them that I listed, so it's not bad. I've edited my post to say that it's my opinion, I never meant for you to read it as fact.

I also don't like any normal (with words) music. Not a single track. So my music taste is completely different to anyone who likes music, which appears to be everyone else.

No, hey, I completely understand: as I've said before, I read everything like that as opinion unless it's stated explicitly as fact (as in, if you were to say "Zelda only has ten good songs in the whole series, FACT"). And everybody's got their own tastes.

I wonder.....

Listen to this whole thing and tell me what you think (yes it is a crappy MIDI I am aware but it captures the spirit of the composition):

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:
Khuutra said:

No, hey, I completely understand: as I've said before, I read everything like that as opinion unless it's stated explicitly as fact (as in, if you were to say "Zelda only has ten good songs in the whole series, FACT"). And everybody's got their own tastes.

I wonder.....

Listen to this whole thing and tell me what you think (yes it is a crappy MIDI I am aware but it captures the spirit of the composition):

I was.... captivated by those dots...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

@Khuutra

A collection of noise with occasional silences at odd moments. There's no melody, and no emotion or mental image conveyed by the music for me. And I don't think real orchestration would fix that (I mean, it's not the MIDI).

Around the Network
Soleron said:

@Khuutra

A collection of noise with occasional silences at odd moments. There's no melody, and no emotion or mental image conveyed by the music for me. And I don't think real orchestration would fix that (I mean, it's not the MIDI).

Okay, I was just curious.

If it's not too personal a question - I remember you mentioning once that you have a mild case of autism. Do you think there might be any correlation between that and the way in which you interpret music?

Soleron said:

@Khuutra

Then try it with real orchestration:

We are getting kind of off-topic with Bach, I was going to try to bring that back around to Zelda at some point

Khuutra said:
Soleron said:

Okay, I was just curious.

If it's not too personal a question - I remember you mentioning once that you have a mild case of autism. Do you think there might be any correlation between that and the way in which you interpret music?

Possibly. I've never met anyone else with my condition in order to ask them.

Wow, ok off-topic

Anyway, I think Zelda music is very respectable. Ocarina is my favorite game soundtrack next to Chrono Trigger. But the music in Zelda games is very different than the music in something like a mainstream Final Fantasy game in that it's more atmospheric. Instead of big large orchestral pieces you get maybe a one instrument melody. That's not to say Zelda music isn't sufficiently epic.

My favorite tracks would be anything from Ocarina, the Great Deku Tree especially gets over-looked a lot but that's a great piece. I think Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both had equally good music, though they weren't as consistent as Ocarina or Majora's Mask.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."